post-credits scene. Late night confessions

POST-CREDITS SCENE:
LATE NIGHT CONFESIONS

POST-CREDITS SCENE:LATE NIGHT CONFESIONS

BIRNIN ZANA, WAKANDA.
2016, DECEMBER 28.

Behind the large glass window overlooking the balcony of their private living room, Ramonda observed the form of her daughter standing against the railing, surely lost in thought. The Queen Mother knew how difficult it was for the young princess to open up and share her thoughts, but the melancholy sparkle she was pitifully trying to hide had drawn her attention.

"Can I join you?" she asked as she closed the bay window slightly, approaching Sade who had not turned around when she arrived.

"You're already here."

Her daughter's answer simply made her shake her head, a small smile stretching her lips. Standing next to her, she watched for a moment as their capital city stretched beautifully before their eyes, lit up with a thousand lights, before turning to the young woman at her side. Despite the fact that she had never asked her directly, and had never made it clear that she somehow knew, Ramonda had come to understand that Sade was seeing someone.

"You haven't been to the beach since you got back," she tried once, returning her attention to the scenery in front of her. "Yet this is the place that allows you to be with yourself, isn't it?"

The young princess looked away slightly from the bracelet she could see her touching all the time before answering in an almost inaudible voice. "I wanted to get away from my work for a bit after what happened, that's all."

If there was one thing her daughter didn't know how to do, it was lie when she was feeling down. In addition to the bracelet that never left her wrist, she noticed the faint glint of a necklace that she assumed was from the same person given the similarity of the stones. She clung to it desperately as if it were a lifeline, further intriguing her mother who tried a new approach.

"I was talking about the beach itself, not your cabin, Dede."

Tensing slightly, Sade frowned slightly before looking up at her mother.

"That's a beautiful bracelet you have there." she added, feeling the internal battle her daughter was fighting through her eyes, waiting for some sign from her that she was right.

It didn't take long for that to happen as she saw her hiding the jewel under her sleeve, still holding one end of the thin string that held it closed.

"Sade." she called out to her again, seeing her stubbornly keeping her gaze ahead. "I know you don't go to the beach just to work and clear your head. Unless you're having fun on an archaeological dig, I'm sure you were given that bracelet and necklace you're so fond of."

The speed with which her attention was drawn to her made her chuckle softly as she gently stroked her cheek.

"No, I didn't follow you. But I remember very well the faces I used to make when I went to meet your father in secret."