(17) Abnegation

Arabella pov~

I stopped my search after an hour and decide that Tris had probably gone to the beds and four was simply not here at the moment. I lay move to my bed noticing Tris asleep a next to an empty bed. Where is Christina? I look around and notice Christina and Will both sharing a bed. Not very practical the beds are tiny. Would have been better just pushing two together. I look to the bed on the row behind me. Empty and perfectly made. Al's bed hadn't been touched since he was found that day at the bottom of the chasm. As much as I hated him for what he did to Tris, part of me missed how he was. The jokes and the laughter. Things were so much easier then.

I lie awake until what feels like morning. I'm reality it had only been three hours. I notice shuffling and look to see everyone getting up. Everyone perfectly uniform. Everyone begins getting dressed and tying their shoes. Tris doesn't move. I move to her silently shaking her before returning to my bed sg joining the others in unison. She whispers to Chris trying to ask what was happening before reaching to her neck. She knows something I don't. I follow the first few people out of the room marching in sync. We enter the pit where circles of dauntless are marching in unison. Max enters the room with Eric and two guards. It takes all my energy not to look to Eric. I collect my gun as he speaks.
"They can sea and hear us, they just don't process in the same way." He says to Eric.
"Commands come in through the transmitter. "
I hear a shuffling behind me. I notice a man break the line and enter the middle of the room. He questions what's going on and max states he is divergent. That explains why I can move and so can Tris. Where is four though. Eric steps forward and raises his gun.
"It's ok, nothing to worry about." He speaks before killing him.

We march to the trains and all fall out into them. I am stood a few rows back from Tris when she begins to move forward. I notice my brother a few rows ahead of her. She is reckless. His head moves slightly as she takes her place beside him. They remain close as we disembark from the trains.
Abnegation. Why are we here. The streets are evacuated as we begin to raid houses. People are dragged from their homes and sat in a few main groups by dauntless members. Anyone who resists is killed. The tracking device has put them under stimulation. It clicked all at once. That's why it doesn't work on divergents. And what max was talking about earlier. They aren't making their own decisions. I notice Tris and my brother break from the crowd and I follow them keeping myself discreet in the sea of dauntless. They make their way towards the priors house. Tris now isn't the time to save your parents. I chase after them and find them just as they finish scouting the house. I fall in line with them as they join the end of a line of dauntless. My brother nods lightly to me before looking at max and Eric. Shit.
Eric stops four and Tris and I keep moving however she stops behind Eric. I round the corner but remain so I can hear what is happening.
"Legendary four. Mindless drone. You were first in your class now your, nothing." Eric says before what sounds like foot steps. I look around the corner and see Tris waiting behind Eric with Max at his side. They turn to walk away and I watch fours eyes shift to me. As he does this Eric stops and turns. He glares at Four before moving back to his previous place in between Tris and Four. Four remains still and I load my gun ready but being careful to make sure I make no sound.
"What? Think he might be?" Max asked placing his hand on the gun sat snugly in its holster.
"Only one way to know for sure." Eric taunted, I could feel his smirk from here as he raised his gun. I noticed Tris adjusting and got ready.
"Say goodbye asshole." Eric spoke and Tris answered for him.
"Goodbye." She spoke raising the gun to Eric. Max followed and four then raised his in turn.
"The stiff!" He spoke a bewildered grin on his face. He turned to four and his lips pursed into a thin line.
"Two stiffs. Two dead stiffs." He said pushing the tip of the gun into fours temple.
"Make it three." I said walking out aiming my gun at him. His eyes sunk a little and grew stormy. He was conflicted in what to do but I knew his mind was made up.
"You can't like a single divergent slip through." Max spoke snapping Eric out of our staring contest.
"This is what happens." He kept his gun trained on Tris. He wouldn't miss at this range. No one would.
"She's not gonna shoot me. Neither of them will." Eric spoke his ego seeped out into his tone.
"I think you overestimate my character." I spoke stepping closer.
"Hers too." I said and he lunged for me. He tackled me as Tris shot him. We hit the ground with a thud before I punched him in the throat and pull myself out from under his broad figure. This wasn't how I had imagined this would go. Four fought max and I sprinted off with the pair of them following me. I noticed the ground of guards swarming and stood unsure of what direction to take off in. Tris rounded the corner after four as a shot tore through her bicep.
"You alright?" He asked and wrapped a hand around her waist.
"Don't move." One of the guards spoke and we stopped me facing the now approaching Max, Tris and Four facing the wall of guards in front of them. I look to Eric who's face holds no emotion as he limps towards me. Tris and four are walked ahead of me whilst I am escorted by Max and Eric. We weave through the rows of abnegation and dauntless citizens as we make our way to what looks like my house. I start struggling. No way am I going back in there without a fight.
Eric stops gripping my arm, his fingers leaving indents that would definitely bruise. He pulls me to face him and peers down at me.
"I know you don't want to go in there. You have to Bella. He isn't there so let's keep moving." He spoke softly to me which caught me off guard. He tugged me along and rejoined max who stood outside the doorway.
I was met with a large group of Erudite and none other than Jeanine Matthews.
"Tobias Eaton. And you Beatrice." She speaks before I am hauled in from of her as well. Eric's grip tightens on my waist now and max holds my arms.
"And you. Who would you be?" She asks looking to me before turning to Tobi.
"Oh, I see it runs in the family then. Arabella is it." She speaks her voice cold and her posture reeks authority.
"I thought it was intellect I was sensing in you." She spoke diverting her attention back to Tris. I feel a light grazing of calloused fingers on my back as Eric looms behind me. As much as I hated him right now he never failed to bring me comfort.
"Maybe you're not as smart as you think you are." Four interrupts the exchange to come to aid Tris. His voice brings me back into the room. I'm in very close quarters to death right now and delving into comfort isn't something I can afford right now.
"Why are you attacking abnegation? They are innocent people." I spoke and Eric's grip that was now on my hip tightened. I relished in it momentarily but remained focused on Jeanine.
"Innocent people? Abnegation if left unchecked will destroy the faction system. Same can be said of all of you. Somebody has to stop you." Her gaze remained on me as she spoke before her eyes flickered down to Eric's hands that rested far to intimately for a captor and his hostage.
"If we don't, peace will be lost."
"It's already been lost."Four spoke through gritted teeth.
"You destroyed it." He spat struggling against the four men behind him.
"Human nature destroyed it." She spoke looking back over to me and Eric.
"Those of us with the vision to see that are called upon to protect the rest. We will restore the peace and this time it will last." She spoke walking towards Four.
"What if you're wrong?" Tris' words sounded like more of a challenge than a question. Jeanine shot her a folate before looking to my brother.
"Take him with us." She spoke before her eyes caught on Tris' bullet wound.
"She's injured. Pity. Her results would be unclear." The freshly manicured nails dug deep into the wound making Tris squirm and wince. I moved back towards Eric to be closer. One last second with him before if all ends.
"You can get rid of her. And Eric. Get better taste in women. I'm sure your home faction would have some far better candidates for you." She spoke turning before Four elbowed his guards and launched after Jeanine's navy clad figure.

(A/N) Sorry this took so long to upload I've been super busy and haven't had the motivation to write. I'll try my best to keep updating. Hope you had a good holidays and happy new year!