(3) Sleepless nights and training

Arabella's pov~

I was so lost in thought I didn't see where I was. I was on the roof in an area we had not been shown ,looking at the sunrise. I sit down silently and watch. This was beautiful. I heard crunching from behind me and quickly stand turning around ready for a fight.
"Initiate, what are you doing up this early and unsupervised ?" The tall blonde in front of me spoke. His voice was deep and clearly he had just woken up.
"I wasn't aware I had to be followed by a baby sitter." I said turning to walk away.
"No you can stay it's fine. Just don't tell anyone." I laugh slightly at how his voice was much softer than usual.
"It's beautiful. I used to watch the sunrise from abnegation in the forrest but I never got to see one clearly. The tree always blocked the whole view." I sat down near the ledge and soon felt a body next to mine.
"Yeah, that's a good thing about dauntless. There's a lot of hidden places that you wouldn't find anywhere else. Most of them are beautiful." Eric's hand was now inches from mine.
"How comes you're up this early?"
"Same as you, couldn't sleep." He answered clearly not telling the whole truth.
"Wanna talk about it?" I asked, unsure as to why I felt like doing so. I look to see his face blank and cold once again.
"You need to go back now initiate." He spoke coldly.
I wasn't sure how to react so I stood brushing myself off and made my way indoors and after aimlessly wandering went back to bed.

I laid in bed for a few hours before Tobi came in banging pots and pans.
"Everyone up and in the pit two minutes." I jumped up and walked out having already changed and showered. I walk into the pit to see Eric and four talking.
"Someone's an early bird." Eric spoke. I couldn't tell if his reaction as a motion of jest or spite. Four just looked confused.
"Yeah, couldn't sleep." Soon the hall behind me filled with transfers.
"Ok so initiation has two stages. First being physical. That will push you to your breaking point. Second mental, again breaking point." My brother spoke coldly. His eyes scanned the crowd before landing on Tris and I.
"We are going to split into two groups, one will follow me up onto the shooting range the other will stay with four and do fighting and defence skills." Eric spoke. We soon gathered in two lines. I decided to go with Eric first as I wanted to do shooting with Tris and will following suit. We make our way to a roof I don't recognise and pick up our guns.
"These guns are deadly weapons so treat them that way." He spoke before gesturing to the target he was stood in front of.
"Like so." He said placing himself in a position with his legs spread shoulder width apart and his left foot forward. His left hand held the front of the gun and his right was on the trigger. He shot three times hitting the target in the head twice and once in the heart.
"Ok do as I did and try to hit the target not each other." I scoffed at his words catching his attention. He smirked before sending us to our shooting ranges. I lined up taking a few breaths before shooting. Straight between the eyes. I chuckled to myself. Everyone else just gawked at me as there shots had all barely hit the chest.
"Back to work initiates." Eric called walking over to me.
"Do that again but this time aim for the heart." He said. Everyone was watching the exchange so I nodded and lined up again. 'Bang'. My shot skimmed where the heart was.
"You need to keep your body from turning." He held my waist in place as i prepared to shoot again everyone had started shooting their targets ignoring us thankfully. I raise my gun and shoot landing straight into the targets heart.
"Very good. Remember to keep your hips still." I nod as he walks away. He yells at tris who is missing the target completely. I quickly jog over to her and will once he's finished.
"Will help her out will you?" I ask rolling my eyes at him.
"Technically you should have hit the target at least once by now, even by accident." I slap him on the back of the head laughing.
"Hey! Get back to shooting initiate." Eric calls stood right behind me. I could feel his hot breath on the back of my neck. I move back to my range and start shooting, hitting my target dead on each time.
"Alright, leave and find four!" He bellows as we all move off. I wait back a little for tris and Will. Al and Christina are in the other group for some reason. I nod to them as they pass before walking towards Four.

"Ok fight training. I need a volunteer anyone care to do the honours." I raise my hand and he nods so I walk toward the stage and make my way to the centre.
"Hit me." He says.
"What?"
"Just hit me. Like you mean it." He says so I huff and walk towards him and throw a half hearted punch. He stops it gently.
"You can hit harder than that Bella. Or are you too weak?" He asks and I stiffen up. Oh he did not just go there. Everyone let out a few oooh's at fours comment. I sprint towards him jabbing him in the stomach catching him of guard. I then swing for his jaw but he stops it twisting my arm behind me.

He taunts and I decide to take the bait. I use my spare hand to elbow him in the stomach before head butting him hard in the jaw. He sputters out a curse before looking to me. He throws a left hook clipping my jaw then goes on defence.
"Ok i am going to take the defence watch how I block the punches. He nods and I step forward swinging for his jaw but he swipes my hand and steps under my swing. He pushes my back as i turn almost sending me over but I catch myself a wild grin spreading cross my face. He noticed this and decided to attack now, instructing the class on his movements and the techniques. He jabbed at my stomach and I blocked it ever so slightly almost letting the blow land.

We continue fighting ,him ultimately winning but I managed to get a good swing on cheek.
"You are an asshole Tobias Eaton." I said rolling my eyes. He just shook his head revealing a nasty bruise on his cheek.
"You got something there." I said pointing to his darkened cheek laughing.
"I'll get you back for that." He said wincing slightly as he touched it.
"Sure you will four, sure you will." I said walking to the punching bags as the group all stared at me.
"What was that about Bella?" Tris asked concern written all over he face but not just for me but for my idiot brother.
"Ooooh does tris have a teeny tiny crush on the big bad instructor." I said quietly laughing as her face grew pink.
"Says you. I saw Eric with his hand on your waist helping you. Maybe he likes you?" She said wiggling her eyebrows I laughing landing a sloppy punch on the bag. My bruised knuckles on display for everyone to see. I heard a loud booming laughter from behind me and turned to see Eric laughing at four.
"You let the little stiff do that to you." He yelled chuckling obnoxiously. Everyone had turned and some gasping when they saw the visible bruise on his cheek.
"Ok first fight! Second jumper and last jumper in the ring!" Eric called. Tris was the second jumper. And Molly was the last.
I wanted to protest but four silenced me with a stern look.
"How long do we fight for?" Molly asks.
"Till one of you is unable to continue." Eric said coldly.
"Or one of you concedes." Four spoke up making me feel slightly better. But it was short lived.
"That was the old rules. New rules; no one concedes." Eric spat glaring at four.
"Come on tris!" I called standing next to al and Christina. Will was on the end of the Christina. They began and tris stepped out do the box evidently scared.
"Come on then!" Eric called and Molly went to tris punching her repeatedly. Tris was on the floor quickly after a few weak attempts to stop Molly.
"Well finish her!" Eric called this time four didn't stop my protest.
"She's already unable to continue!" I yelled trying to stop this not wanting to watch. Eric instantly nodded to molly to deliver the blow.
"That's extra training for a month for challenging me initiate." He called after Tris was knocked out. We took tris to the infirmary shortly followed by the next loser. The fights went on and I knew I had to go back as I was fighting. I left Christina and Will to watch her as al and I made our way back for the final fight. I knew who I was up against. Peter.
"Ah stiff! Ready to get your ass whooped?!" Peter called cracking his knuckles. I eyed four who mouthed a helpful tip. He took a step before he swung.