(18) Decisions

Arabella POV~

Four lunged for Jeanine and Tris began struggling against the two men restraining her. I just leaned into Eric desperately trying to savour our last interaction. Why him? Out of all of the people, him. I couldn't forgive him for what he was doing. No matter how much I wanted to.
Four takes a few sharp blows to the jaw and is on the floor after gripping onto Jeanine's blazer. Her usually immaculate appearance is now slightly dishevelled.
"Max. I'll leave Arabella to you. Eric you have a decision to make." She spoke walking out with four following being held by four guards. Tris is the hauled out behind him. Eric and max release me in the house and I turn to face them. Jeanine's lackeys leave soon after her till it is just the three of us.
"Eric. Say your goodbyes." Max said before walking out and closing the door. I look up to him from and his eyes are there usual stormy glare.
"How? How is it you?" His face made everything he was thinking clear. This rare break in his composure. Hurt and inner conflict showed on his features. I just looked away unsure of what to say. I felt his presence without even looking as he stormed closer and took his normal position towering over me.
"Look at me." He demanded with a slightly softness to his tone. I shook my head as my eyes watered a little. He had been my safe place once. As much as I hated to admit it.
His hand wrapped softly around the base of my throat and slowly moved up before he made me face him.
"Bella. Fuck don't look at me like that." He spoke his arms wrapping around me and hauling me against him. My head rested in the crook of his neck as we stood in silence. I was flushed from the contact and could hear his heart speeding up.
"Eric." I said pulling away slightly to look at him. The second our eyes meet the desire to kiss him grew tenfold. His hands rested on my hips before his fingers wrapped themselves around my belt loops.
"I am so fucking mad at you." I said holding a firm glare at him. He chucked genuinely. I wish I could capture this moment forever. A little safe bubble where there is no factions or divergents. Just us.
"I hate you." I said as we both stared, our breathing synchronising.
"Prove it." He taunted and that was all I needed. My lips met his in an instant and my hands found the freshly trimmed hair on the nape of his neck. We found a rhythm instantly, both fast paced and aggressive. The only thing fuelling this was anger. A mutual hatred for one another and our circumstances. I pulled away, resting my head against his shoulder.

Eric pov~
My mind raced as we pulled apart. How is she able to be so calm knowing I have to kill her. That this is all over and we won't see each other again. Her breath was accompanied by small shudders and I wrapped my arms around her shoulders as her hair covered her. She was a risk I couldn't afford. One I had never seen coming. And one I wanted to keep all the same. My duty came before my heart. I reached into my pocket and turned on the handgun making sure to hold her still. She sighed hearing the start up sound of the pistol. I knew she wouldn't go down without a fight but it made it so much harder.
"I'm sorry Bella." I whispered into her mousy brown waves.
"I'm sorry too Eric." She relied before I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. She'd gotten their first.
I drew my gun quickly as she drew back. She was unarmed. I lined up my shot as she lunged for me and the bullet missed her head by a narrow margin. The gun was halfway across the room before I could try and anticipate her movements. She punched in close proximity to the stab wound sending shockwaves through my body. I griped her shoulder and spun her so her back was facing me and her arm was pinned behind her. She pushed herself into me spreading both heat and pain across me. I felt the sting of her heel in my crotch not soon after as she staggered away. After taking the low blow I lunged for her my hand wrapping around her throat and pressing on her trachea so her airflow was cut off. Her hands flew to mine and clawed at them as the oxygen to her brain became limited.
We toppled over with me on top of her squirming figure. Just as she seemed to be loosing consciousness she kneed the buyer wound in my thigh and rolled us so she was on top of me. Her hair flew across her face settling in a messy yet beautiful style as she looked down at me with her arm pinned across my throat. We stayed like this for a few moments before the door flew open revealing the stiff and a woman I recognised as one of the leaders of abnegation. She was also ex-dauntless if I'm remembering her file correctly.
"Looks like you have it covered Arabella." The woman spoke.
"Hey Mrs Prior." Of course that was the stiffs mother. I push her off me but don't attack with the two guns that I have found out they will definitely use aimed at my head.
"Goodbye Eric." Bella spoke softly, her voice horse after our fight. I hope she made it out even if she was divergent.
"Let's go we have to run." She nodded but not before turning round and connecting her fist with my temple.

Arabella pov~
Eric's body went limp and swayed before I caught him and eased him to the ground. I hope he makes it out of all of this. Even if he is trying to kill divergents. I eased the ammo for the gun that lay in the corner of the room out of his pockets and retrieved the weapon.

I followed Tris and her mother towards the edge of Abnegation where we stopped just before a large space before some old abandoned skyscrapers.
"You were dauntless?" Tris said, her question sounding more like a statement.
"Served me well today." Mrs Prior replied.
"Is dad ok?"
"He's fine, he led a group over to Monroe and state, we are meeting him there." She said before voices sounded behind us. 
"This way!" A loud male voice called out.
"Let's go." I said as we made our way across he open space. We made it a few buildings along before the firing started.
"Quick." I instructed pushing Tris and her mother behind some crates. I raised the pistol firing and hitting each attacker. They weren't aware of what was happening and it bothered me but they wouldn't stop trying to kill us unless they were dead themselves. Tris joined me in firing so did Mrs Prior. With only one person left the name slipping from Tris' lips caught me off guard.
"Will. Will stop." I turned quickly seeing will close approaching. I lined up my shot tears threatening to spill as I accepted what was about to happen but Tris pulled the trigger before I could.
"I'll meet you guys there I'll try and distract them." I called as Tris and her mother started walking. They both nodded and went ahead. I grabbed as many bullets for the rifles they were holding as the pistol would soon be empty. I made my way back to abnegation hiding in and out of houses before making it to the meet up points back entrance. It had been over a year since I had been back to this area. Hiding from my dad and running through the streets with Tobias. Now I'm fighting for my life.