Strangers

Edited

After a long flight I had finally landed in New York.
I stepped out of the plane and made sure to be the first to pick up the baggage, avoiding the busy crowds of tourists.

The airport was located in the suburbs of the city so after short walk I made it into the main city.

New York was very different from LA. although LA was busy, New York was crowded on a whole different level. there were billboards everywhere and it felt as if the buildings and people were caging in on me.

I really hope my father doesn't live in the middle of the city. These flashing traffic and car lights would make me go absulutely insane.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket to look at the time, 8 PM.

I was starving by now, food at the airport is way to expensive and I didn't have much more money on me.

After making it out of the tourist' crowded roads, I made it into a small restaurant and went in to eat something. it was decorated very cottage style and exept for some people who were working on their laptops, there weren't many people here.

I sat down in one of the corner boots and ordered a chicken salad and some water.

I grabbed my phone again and looked up the exact adress that Jaden had given me, it was an hour ride from the main city so walking wasn't an option.
I took small bites out of my food as I could feel my eyes getting tired.

I didn't have enough money on me to afford a hotel, and sleeping on the streets tonight wasn't an option. I sighed and rested my head against the boot, letting myself close my eyes for just 5 minutes.

--------------------------

"Sorry miss, but we're closing up" the waiter said, I guessed him around 60, he had light blue eyes and had dark grey hair. he reminded me of my mothers father, my grandpa. His expression transfered from a happy into a concerned one due to my lack of response.

"I'm sorry'' I apologized, giving him a small smile, gathering all of my stuff. ''I'll be in my way"

"are you sure your okay, you seem out of it" He asked. God, this is it, I'm getting murdered. I looked up at his eyes but they portraied nothing but concern.

"no I'm okay, I'm new to the city and I was simply tired from my trip'' I answered, moving to stand up.

"If you don't have somewhere to stay, I live with my wife upstairs, and we have an extra guest room." He said cleaning off my table.

"I- That would actually be lovely" I said. ''I promise I'll be back as soon as the sun rises.''

''no need, I'm sure my wife will love the fact that I finally brought some company, when I'm working here, she's alone most of the time.'' he smiled, closing the main door and turning the 'closed' board.

''Follow me''

That's it. I'm going to die.

------------------------------------

( 1 hour later )

I was currently sitting in the living room of the restaurant owners, who I found out were named Tom and Alice. I didn't get a last name but they told me it was for safety reasons which I undersood. After all I was a stranger to them just as much as they were strangers to me.

I was sipping my hot chocolate as the three of us were sitting around the fireplace talking about light conversation topics, like the weather and recent news.