Non-empty threats

"She looks adorable" a voice whispers.
"Shhh your gonna wake her up" another voice whispered.

A large flash of light is what got me to fully wake up. I slowly opened my eyes to see Enzo and Kian standing at the door of my bed. "What are you guys doing" I rasped, rubbing my eyes and sitting up.

"Getting blackmail material" Enzo smirked, showing the picture of me sleeping on his phone. "Show that to anyone and I'll kill you" I deadpanned, I was not a chirpy morning person.

"We came to wake you up, dad left this morning for a business trip so we're in charge of introducing you to our business partners" Kian said, giving me a half smile.

"Do we really have to?" I didn't like being the center of attention.

"In our world, It's important to properly introduce you, many of our partners have heard about the long lost daughter and want to see if the rumors are true" Kian explained. "It's just like a ball, nothing to worry about, we'll be with you the entire time"

"Okay" I sighed. That didn't help me to ease up at all, I've never been to a ball. I wonder if their business partners know about what's going on in the basement.

"The maids hung your dress in the closet, someone will come and do your hair and makeup in twenty minutes" he said, leaving the room.

I took a deep breath and forced my body out of bed, planning to take a quick shower before changing.

---

"Keep your chin up" Alexandra, my hair and makeup artist said. She's been busy doing all sorts of things to my hair for about and hour now, When Kian said 'ball' he really meant it.

I looked at myself through the full body mirror. I looked, unrecognizable? The dress was beautiful, it was a long, sleeveless black satin dress that hugged my curves perfectly, the elbow length gloves allowing me to fully cover up any bruises.

My hair was braided down my back, tightly secured with millions of Bobby pins. For makeup she had given me a slight Smokey eye with cherry colored lipstick.

A smile crept up on my face, I looked beautiful, something I've never felt before. This wasn't me though.

"Alright your all done" Alexandra said, smiling at me through the mirror. "I'll be downstairs if your makeup needs touching up"

"Thank you" I said giving her an appreciative smile. She left the room and I gave myself one last glance in the mirror before following after her.

Getting closer to the stairs I could hear voices chattering from downstairs, signaling that the first guests had arrived.

I silently made my way down, making sure not to draw any unwanted attention. The main foyer of the house was filled with fancy looking people. Men all in neat suits, most of them accompanied by woman who looked like walking goddesses.

I felt really out of place, like I wasn't classified enough to be attending such a gathering. My eyes skimmed across the room trying to find a familiar face. I essentially spotted Emilio standing in the corner of the room, he seemed to be having a heated discussion with the man standing opposite to him cause his jaw looked like it was about to pop.

I hesitated before making my way over. Thankfully Emilio took notice of my presence before I arrived, saving me an awkward interruptive conversation.

His eyes softened upon seeing me. "Isabella, good your here. You look beautiful" he said giving my a soft smile, kissing my forehead.

"I- uh Thank you, you too" I stuttered, god I looked like an idiot. Who says 'you too'?!

Emilio chuckled before looking at the man in front of me. Hardening his features again. "You can leave" he gritted.