chapter four

SEASON ONE, EPISODE TWO
"woe is the loneliest number"

( i am literally insane and cannot stop updating )

🪦. *. ⋆

"WHAT DID THE SHERIFF SAY?" Malia asked, slightly out of breath because Wednesday walked so fast. You think she would be used to stuff like this, being a Seer and a student in Nevermore, but you never get used to it. Never.

"He said there was no signs of struggle. No blood. Nothing," Wednesday said, her eyes straight ahead. Malia sighed, closing her eyes in frustration.

"Figures. The police don't do shit around here," Malia said, she twisted her fingers together.

"I'm glad you're still here though, Panda," Malia hummed, Wednesday stopped walking and turned around stiffly looking at the blonde haired, wide eyed girl.

"Did you just call me... panda?" She asked and Malia giggled, tucking her hair behind her earring covered ear.

"And you can call me Mal! Because friends give each other nicknames right?" Malia stated, Wednesday pursed her lips and crossed her arms over her chest.

"I don't have friends. And I don't want them," Wednesday stated, sending a glare Malia's way.

Malia grinned, shaking her head, "I'll grow on you. Like a fungus,"

Wednesday tilted her head, "Tempting," She teased, turning around and starting to walk again.

"Also, Rowan is alive," Wednesday said, nonchalantly.

Malia stopped.

"Wednesday! Don't walk away after you drop a bomb like that!"

🪦. *. ⋆

"I still think we should've done a dragon theme," Malia hummed, sipping on her cola.

"Well, these were already decided. And even if we did pick, it would not be a dragon," Enid said, wiping her hands on her apron.

Malia stuck her tongue out at her.

"This is kitty is taking absolutely no prisoners," Enid said to the group of girls working on the boat.

"If Bianca Barclay wins again this year, I will literally scratch my own eyes out," Enid ranted, Malia placed a hand on her back giving her a supportive pat.

"She's still hot though," Malia said bluntly.

Enid gave her a look and then turned back to the other girls on the theme.

"Who's hot?" Wednesday asked, sneaking up behind Enid and Malia. Malia turned around her cheeks flushing again.

"No one," She said quickly, giving Wednesday a grin. Another one of her famous deadpan looks. Malia was learning to love it.

"I'm so glad you decided to stay," Enid said, excitingly swinging her arms.

"Yeah, we would've missed you,"

Enid coughed, "Whipped,"

Malia elbowed Enid.

"Well, why the change of heart?" Enid asked.

Malia knew. A murder in the woods.

"I refuse to play the role of a pawn in someone else's corrupt game,"

Malia mentally fanned herself. God, this girl was everything.

"I.. We witnessed his murder, Enid," Wednesday said, looking at Malia.

"It can't be a coincidence," Malia nodded.

"It's just we all saw him this morning..." Enid trailed off.

Malia sighed, "Babe, we go to school for outcasts. Someone's bound to have shifting powers,"

Wednesdays eyes widened, her lips quirking up.

"You surprise me, Malia," Wednesday said, before turning around and walking away.

"It's official. Malia is in her goth girlfriend era," Enid said, squealing.

🪦. *. ⋆

"Do you just stand here all day?" Wednesday asked, from behind Malia. Xavier had gone to the bathroom quickly and left Malia in charge of the bow and arrows. He wasn't sure if that was a good idea, seen as she's never done archery before.

"I like to sit and look pretty. Let everyone else do the work," Malia said, biting into her apple.

Wednesday took the bow and arrow.

"Will you help me?" Wednesday murmured.

Malia grinned, "What was that? Can you repeat that for everyone to hear?"

Wednesday rolled her eyes, shooting the area and getting a bullseye.

"Help. Me," Wednesday gritted.

Malia giggled, making Wednesdays eyebrows wiggle and her eyes widen.

"Well, in that case, sure,"

🪦. *. ⋆