chapter fourteen

SEASON ONE, EPISODE FIVE + FOUR
"you reap what you woe"

( i'm so stupid and skipped over episode four ??? i don't even know how that happened. so they'll be a flashback to the 'ball' so you guys don't miss anything !!! enjoy !!! )

 so they'll be a flashback to the 'ball' so you guys don't miss anything !!! enjoy !!! )

🪦. *.

"NEVERMORE WAS CREATED AS A SAFE HAVEN FOR OUR CHILDREN to learn and grow, no matter who or what they are," Weems said, with a soft smile. Everyone applauded.

"I realise most of you have heard of the unfortunate incident involving one of our students. But I'm happy to report that Eugene is on the mend and is expected to make a full recovery," Weems voiced.

Malia had never been that scared before. Seeing Eugene like that was the most heart wrenching thing because he didn't deserve it. She somehow felt responsible for it, like if she didn't invite Wednesday to the dance, maybe Eugene would be okay.

"Let's focus on the positive and make this Parents' Weekend our very best yet,"

More applauds came and both Wednesday and Malia rolled their eyes.

"On the mend?" Wednesday asked incredulously.

"Try in a coma," She muttered, her arms crossed over her body. Enid shared a sad look with Malia. Enid hadn't spent much time with Eugene, but she knew he meant a lot to Wednesday whether she wanted to admit that or not.

"Have you been to see him?" Enid asked.

Malia placed a hand on Wednesdays back, moving her hand up and down to comfort the girl.

"We haven't yet. But we plan to," Malia said, answering for her moody Wednesday.

As Enid and Wednesday talked, Malia looked around for her dad. For some reason, she still held out hope that he visit her.

She spotted Wednesdays family and could Wednesday tense up.

Malia grinned and kissed the side of her head, "Be nice," She whispered.

Wednesday gave her a deadpan look.

Malia nodded, "Ok, be your usual gloomy self then," She teased.

"I knew I should've worn my plague mask," Wednesday stated.

"Would you look at my family," Enid paused, suddenly growing pale, "Talk about toxic pack mentality," She muttered.