chapter eighteen

SEASON ONE, EPISODE SIX
"Quid Pro Woe"

( i love meghan markle. that's it. )

 )

🪦. *. ⋆

WEDNESDAY REACHES OVER AND PLACES HER HAND ON THE QUOTE MARKED ON THE WALL. And then, she fell backwards and Malia caught her just in time, Xavier leaning over and helping her.

"Jesus," Xavier mumbled, making sure Wednesday was in a comfortable position.

"She's having a vision," Malia said, placing a hand on Wednesdays forehead, wiping her bangs away out of her eyes.

Xavier looked at his best friend with a worried glance, her eyes dancing over her pale face.

"And this has happened before?" He asked, Malia sighed, smiling at her friend.

"She's okay. I'm okay. We've got this under control," Malia said softly, slightly fabricating the truth — they were okay, but did they have this under control? No, not all. But they had each other and that was all they needed.

"Whatever you say," Xavier mumbled, looking up at the group of friends surrounding them.

He sent Enid a smile, trying to relax the girl. She had long put the cake down.

"Well, this is just got interesting,"

🪦. *. ⋆

"The subterfuge was impressive," Wednesday said, as Malia skipped into the dorm room. Enid was standing in the middle of the room, her hands behind her back looking very proud of herself.

"What are we talking about?" Malia asked, pressing a kiss to Wednesdays head looking down at the drawing she had sketched.

"Didn't take you as an artist?" Malia mumbled, tilting her head.

"What is it?" She whispered, Wednesday glared at her.

"We were talking about the birthday surprise!" Enid interrupted. Malia grinned and clapped her hands.

"We totally got you, by the way. Pugsly was surprised when I called him," Malia said, pulling out a piece of gum from her skirt pocket. Wednesday furrowed her eyebrows.

"You called my brother... Wait, you have my brothers number?" She sputtered.

Malia shrugged, "We really bonded,"

Enid shook her head at the two with a soft smile, loving how much Wednesday had changed since they all met. She still had her dark charm, but Malia had opened up a new side of her. Wednesday deserved happiness. It was nice to see her growing and evolving.

Thing came thundering out from under the bed, with a closed box he dragged with his index finger. How strong was this guy?

Malia awed, "Presents!"

Malia always loved giving presents. She loved making hampers and home made gifts, and finding something so perfect for the person she loved. She had found something that she hoped Wednesday would love as much as she did.

While Wednesday was opening up the present from her family, Malia hopped on her bed and took the small gift that was wrapped in black wrapping paper, out from under her pillow.

"I would've preferred live squirrels," Wednesday said with wide eyes and slight smirk. Malia shook her head and sat beside her, looking at the gift her parents got her. Taxidermy. Well, if it makes her happy, it makes Malia happy.

"Ok, I know you hate your birthday and presents," Malia trailed off, holding up the gift in her hand, "But I had to get you something. I hope you like it," Malia smiled bashfully, giving the present to Wednesday.

Wednesday sighed and took the present, opening it up delicately. A black ring.

Wednesday looked up at Malia who blushed.

"If you hate it, we can bring it back, but I asked your mother what would be the best gift and she—"

Wednesday placed her index finger on Malia's lips, interrupting her rant.

"I love it,"

Malia grinned and then held up her hand, "We're matching," She squealed.

Wednesday wanted to hate it, but she couldn't.

Enid secretly snapped a few photos for Malia, she planned to make a scrap book for Christmas. Malia liked to plan in advance and scrapbooking was just one of her many hidden talents.

Then both girls stood up and walked towards Enid who gave both the girls a present.

"I wanted us all to match," Enid grinned.

Wednesday and Malia opened the paper and out came...

"It's a snood!" Enid squealed, Wednesday and Malia both looked at each other, Malia giggled.

"I love it," Malia hummed, placing the  snood on her head. She tilted her chin up at Wednesday.

"How do I look?" She asked, pretending to tilt a non existent hat.

Wednesday rolled her eyes.

"I made yours in your signature colours! And Malia I just picked random colours I know you like," Enid said.

Malia wrapped the girl in a hug, swinging her side to side.

"That's so thoughtful of you, E. Thank you," Malia grinned.

Wednesday was absolutely gobsmacked.

"We can all wear them together to class," Enid stated, excitedly.

Wednesday went to interrupt her, but Malia placed a hand on her shoulder.

"We'd love to wear them!"

🪦. *. ⋆