chapter seventeen

SEASON ONE, EPISODE SIX
"Quid Pro Woe"

(  if you look up the definition of lesbian in the dictionary, Malia is the definition. )

 )

🪦. *. ⋆

BOTH GIRLS SAT IN SIDE A CIRCLE SURROUNDED BY CANDLES, Malia sat opposite Wednesday. She had her necklace that her mother gave her and Malia had her cross. They thought they'd have a better chance at communicating with Goody if they both tried the seance together.

Wednesday was adamant in getting through to Goody, because as Mortica said, she's the only one that can train her to control her psychic ability.

Malia is willing to do anything to help Wednesday.

The whispers became louder and Malia could feel the dead surrounding her and Wednesdays chant becoming more faint.

The door cracked opened and the wind whistled. Malia never gets startled by that, she actually finds great comfort in communicating with the other side.

They both open their eyes and the candles blow out. Their eyes meet and Malia chews on her bottom lip, wondering what the next step will be.

Malia's hair begins to move, along with Wednesdays bangs. Someone wants to communicate. Is it Goody?

Wednesday turned around slowly, looking behind her to the open door.

And then, Enid skips in.

Malia let out a breath she wasn't aware she was holding and scratched her forehead. She was frustrated because she could feel how close they were.

Wednesday turned around and let out an annoyed sigh. Malia sent her a sympathetic look as she began to say her goodbyes to the circle.

Enid began frantically apologising, her hands moving every which way.

"Sorry... I didn't mean to interrupt your..." Enid trailed off looking at the two girls and their surroundings.

"Do I even want to know?" She asked, flicking on the light.

Malia stood up with the help of Wednesday — honestly, Malia felt like was 85 years old sometimes. Her hips and back were just not cut for a teenage girls body.

"We were trying to reach into the black maw of death to contact a relative," Wednesday said, pulling Malia out of the circle.

They hadn't outright told anyone about their relationship, but people knew. Enid definitely knew, because she was burning a hole into their interlinked hands.