Part 1

The young boy stood staring at his feet not daring to look up at the man before him.
"Speak you insolent child!"
He flinched at the clear anger in his 'father's' voice. The boy stood on the verge of tears but not allowing them to fall.
"This is why you mother left! And you know what, I only kept you here this long because of HER. Now that she's gone I don't want you here either."

The boy's heart dropped and his whole world seemed to be ripped apart right infront of him. Immediately, a tear that he had so desperately been holding back fell from his eyes.

The man who was once regarded as a 'father' figure had undermined and practically disowned him. The boy nodded and turned to leave. His father called out to him, "Don't come back!"

The boy swiftly ran out of the house and as far away as he could. He was running blindly at this point. He had no idea of where he was going or how long he had been running for. After what seemed like a long time of running, he bumped into someone. He looked up and saw a boy, who seemed about his age.

"Uh, sorry about that." The other boy held out a hand to help him up. He shakily took his hand and stood up. "Thank you and sorry."

The other boy's eyes widened, "How did you do that?"
"Do what? Oh.. I've just always been able to."
"Hm, fascinating. If you don't mind me asking, when were you born?"
"October 1st 1989, why?" He tilted his head in confusion.
"Nevermind, um.. wait why are you out here alone?"
A few moments passed by before he responded, "My "dad" kicked me out so I have nowhere to live."
"What about your mother?"
"She left a few days ago."
"Oh, I'm sorry I brought it up."
"Why are you here?"
"I got into a sort-of argument with my father. Therefore, I was planning to prove him wrong and successfully time jumping."
"Time jumping?"
"Yeah, You know how you can use your mind to speak to me, I can kind of teleport by sort of stepping out of time. Also I have the ability to travel through time but I have never done it."
"So you are planning on travelling through time to prove a point?"
"Yeah, pretty much."
"Right now?"
"That was the plan. Why?"
"Can you bring people with you?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Can I come with you?"
"Um I guess so, but why do you want to?"
"I have nowhere else to go or anything else to do. And it sounds fun. Also if you get into trouble you'll have some company and help if you need it." He smiled slightly.
"Okay, but we don't even know each other that well yet."
"We can get to know each other whenever, plus I already know a lot about you."
"What do you mean?"
"Well I can talk to people through my mind and I can also read people's minds."
"Okay, wait but how do you know a lot about me just by reading my thoughts?"
"Oh, well I can choose to get extra information about a person which includes their name, age and a few other things. Anyway, Five, how does this time jumping thing work?"

"Like this." Five grabbed his hand and jumped through time.
"Woah." He looked around at the summer scenery. Just then, they jumped again, this time it was a winter scenery. After a few moments they jumped again.

They looked around at the wreckage of the world.
"What the hell?"
"It's like an apocalypse happened.."
"Should we jump back?"
"Yeah." He attempted to jump back multiple times, "It's not working.."
"So.. we're stuck here?" Five nodded, clearly feeling regretful and guilty.
"Sorry.. I shouldn't have brought you."
"I asked for you to, so don't feel like it's your fault."

"I guess we should look around to try and find out what caused this and when it happened." He nodded in agreement and they began to walk in the direction of where the academy used to be.