Chapter 1: The Runaway

At the Inkwell City Orphanage, the view takes on a lot of orphans doing some chores there. Some were barely 8 years old....but there was one kid who is 13 years old. The view takes on her folding some clothes. She's the tallest and the oldest out of all the orphans. No one knew where she came from or how she ended up here but they haven't had a single thought about it.

Penguin 1: Those chores better be done before lunchtime! And what's the number one rule?

Orphans: No fun of any kind.

Penguin 1: Good.

The grown female penguin comes up to the young girl cup, who is hanging up the laundry.

Penguin 1: You done with those clothes yet?

???: I'm almost done, ma'am. Just got to hang up a few more clothes and it'll be done.

Penguin 1: Good. They better be done soon or else you'll be scrubbing the floors again! You know what happened last time.

???: Y-yes ma'am.

Penguin: Good.

The grown female penguin walked away and the young cup waited for her to leave.

???: Good, she buyed it. I just got to get out of here.....I'm tired of being stuck here for too long....

The girl rolled in a wagon of laundry after hanging the rest up. She makes her escape.....

~

Meanwhile.....

Cuphead: I can't believe we're free from the Devil now....

Mugman: Yep....and Chalice is safe.

Chalice: Yes-sire!

Then, the trio came across the orphanage. Chalice looks up. The bros notices. Cuphead looks at Chalice.

Cuphead: Hey, do you used to live here?

Chalice: Yeah....and I'm glad I escaped that place....

Mugman: Hey....you're with us now. No matter what, we will always stick together and there's gonna be no more surprises. Right, Cuphead?

Mugman looks at his brother, who looks up at one of the windows of the orphanage.

Mugman: Cuphead?

Cuphead: Whoa...who's that?

The trio looks up to find a mysterious figure sitting outside of the window.

???: Buh bye! I'm done here and I'm never coming back here!

Penguin 1: Good! We don't need you here anyway! Have fun living on the streets!

???: I will. Buh bye, old hags.

The cup girl jumped from the window with a cloth she uses as a parachute.

Cuphead: Whoa!

Mugman: Who is that kid?

Chalice: And she's an orphan like me? What are the odds?

Cuphead: She's floating away!

Mugman: That was actually kinda smart using a cloth as a parachute.

Chalice: Whoever she is, we need to meet her! She looks very cool!

Mugman: I don't know, Chalice....

Chalice: Com'n, Cuphead!

Cuphead: Right behind ya!

Mugman: (sigh)

Mugman runs after his friend and his brother.