Chapter 22: Leaving Is Hard (FINALE)

Previously, from the last chapter....Strawberry and the gang found out that the orphanage is under new management and a nice lady came up to Strawberry saying that she needs to come back....and Strawberry has made her decision....

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Strawberry Crème: I've decided that I want to come back....but....can have a moment to pack up my stuff and say goodbye?

???: Of course....

~

Back at home, Strawberry packed all of her things in the bedroom and Cuphead walked in.

Cuphead: You're leaving?

Strawberry Crème: I'm afraid so....now that the orphanage is under new management, I can finally go back....

Cuphead: I mean....I'm happy for you because you're gonna get adopted by a REAL family....

Strawberry finished packing her things. She and Cuphead went downstairs to find Mugman and Chalice waiting.

Strawberry Crème: Welp....I guess this is goodbye.....

Chalice: The van to the orphanage is waiting for you. You have everything?

Strawberry Crème: Yep.

Chalice: Hey....thank you for everything you did for us....

Mugman: We just had the best night of our lives and we had a great time....

Cuphead: We hope to see you again soon....

Strawberry Crème: I hope so....

Then, Elder Kettle came up to Strawberry.

Elder Kettle: It's time to go, Strawberry.

Strawberry Crème: Okay.....

Elder Kettle: Thanks for being with us.

Strawberry Crème: Thank you for everything, Elder.

Elder Kettle: No problem, Strawberry.

Strawberry Crème: Welp, I'm off.

Before Strawberry walked off to the van, she turned around and ran into the trio in a big hug.

Strawberry Crème: (sniffle) I'll miss you guys....

The trio hugged their tall friend back.

Mugman: We'll miss you, too.....

Chalice: Yeah....

Cuphead didn't say anything but buries his face into Strawberry's shoulder. Mugman and Chalice stepped back from the hug and Cuphead is the only one left hugging Strawberry.

Strawberry Crème: Cuphead.....

Cuphead felt a hand on the back of his head.

Strawberry Crème: I promise I won't forget you....

Cuphead cries harder and Strawberry holds him tight.

Strawberry Crème: I'll miss you too, Cups.....

Both of them stopped hugging and Cuphead looks at Strawberry with tearful eyes.

Strawberry Crème: I got something for all you guys.

Strawberry reaches into her skirt pocket and pulls out three colorful bracelets.

Strawberry Crème: I planned to give these to you guys on New Year's but I forgot I made them.

Strawberry puts a bracelet on each of the trio's wrists. Mugman looks at his.

Mugman: Wow....thanks, Strawberry....

Strawberry Crème: It's a little something to remember me by. Oop! I almost forgot!

Strawberry holds a another bracelet.

Mugman: Another bracelet? Why is it light brown.

Strawberry hands the bracelet over to Mugman.

Strawberry Crème: For your teddy bear, silly.

Mugman: Wow....thanks....

~

Later, Strawberry holds her suitcases and backpack and climbs in the van.

Strawberry Crème: Bye, guys!

All: Bye, Strawberry!

Cuphead: Have a good life!

Mugman: Take care of yourself!

Chalice: Don't run into anymore trouble!

Strawberry Crème: No promises on the trouble part!

Chalice: (laughs) Bye, Strawberry.

Strawberry Crème: Bye....

Strawberry sat in the back seat of the van and looks at the stickers Chalice gave her for Christmas. She closes the door of the van.

Strawberry Crème: (sigh)

The van drove off and the trio watched it go.

~

???: So....you ready to go back?

Strawberry Crème: Yeah.

~

Back at the house, Mugman and Chalice reads some back.

Chalice: Y'know what? I'm happy for Strawberry.

Mugman: Same.

Cuphead: Same here, guys.

Cuphead listens to the radio.

~

At the orphanage, Strawberry settles into her room. She sat on a bed that's comfortable.

Strawberry Crème: Welp....here I am.....

Then, Strawberry notices an aroace flag and a demi-girl flag on a wall next to her bed.

Strawberry Crème: ?!

Strawberry looks at the wall in shock. Then, the lady came in.

???: So, how are you doing so far?

Strawberry Crème: Good but why are these on the wall? I thought you guys are LGBTQ haters.

???: Those flag represent what you are. And we support our children, no matter what.

Strawberry hugs the lady.

Strawberry Crème: Thank you....the old hags were so homophobic and transphobic.....

???: Well, with the new management going on, we support LGBTQ kids.

Strawberry releases the hug and looks at the lady.

Strawberry Crème: I wonder what's for lunch today....

???: Come downstairs. You and the rest of the children will love it.

Before Strawberry follows the lady, she looks back at the window.

Strawberry Crème: I guess this is the start of a new life....but the trio will always be my family at heart....I'll miss them but I'll see them again someday.....

Strawberry follows the lady downstairs. The view zooms out from Strawberry's room to the outside of the orphanage and views Inkwell City. The scene fades to black.

Aaaannnnnd that's the end! I hope you guys enjoyed my story! It was so much fun to write! Hope you enjoyed! BAI! ♡

Started: November 25th, 2022
Ended: January 5, 2023