Chapter 2

I open my eyes to see Tyler, shaking me awake

"Come on JD. Dad made breakfast"

"I'll be down in a second Ty" with that he left, and I want to get dressed. I put my hair in braids and wore black flare leggings with a white graphic T-shirt. I walked downstairs to see Mr. Don and Ty getting food at the table. I sit at the table, Tyler and I are facing each other as Mr. Don is at the end and then I start to put food on my plate. Mr. Don turns to me and says
"So Jane how do you sleep?"

"I slept ok, kept waking me up to the night I've been having this weird dream lately."

"If it's been bothering you a lot you can tell us JD you know that right?" Tyler asked.

"I know I can, I trust you guys. The dream involve some monster with huge eyes, and it had long arms that dragged on the ground. It was happening here, and my sister was there too. I don't know it's just a dream."

Mr. Don turned to me and said "That is one interesting dream you have going on in that little head of yours. School starts tomorrow. How do you feel?"

"I'm excited to get back to school, but I just have this feeling that this year is going to change and it's not gonna be good for some people."

"Why is that?" Ty asked.

"I don't know just a gut feeling"

"Are you all packed?" Ty asked again.

"Yes, yes I am. And again thank you for letting me stay Mr. Don I greatly appreciate it."

"Anytime you need me. I'm just a phone call away." Mr. Don with a small smile on his face. Mr. Don, continuous "Besides, I think Tyler enjoyed your company over the years way more than I have," Mr. Dan said, smirking at Tyler.

"Daaad shut up" Ty wined

"You know I'm just joking with you kids. You're both too young to date" Mr. Don said with a serious face.

"Dad I'm 16," Ty said "And Jane is turning 16 in a month" Ty continues.

"Exactly, a month. Friday Jane-Doe Addams is turning 16 in a month. The minute she's 16 I am more than fine with you guys dating if she's ok with it." Mr. Don said.

"You guys talk as if I'm not here," I said with a little smirk knowing I scared them both a little bit.

"Sorry, JD" Ty said.

"Don't apologize it makes you weak. Plus, I'm not complaining I get to hear both sides of the story so please continue." I said, with a smiling smirk forming on my face.

"You know Friday. The more you grow up the more you start to terrify me. Starting to remind me of your mother" Mr. Dom said.

"I don't know if I should either slap you for making that comment or say thank you," I said, with a straight face.

"JD we talked about this. You can't hurt people" Ty said, grabbing my hands, and focusing my attention on him.

"But what if they deserved it? what if they slapped me can I slap them back?" I said with a small smile.

"You listen to me JD. If anybody slaps you you come to me and I'll beat the living shit out of them"

"Tyler we talked about the language," Mr. Don said looking at Ty.

"I'm sorry about that, but if anybody lays hands on her, I'm beating them until they're dead"

"I don't care Tyler we talked about the language you gonna stop using it or you ship up and get more hours at the job."
"I'll stop using the language, but if anybody puts one finger on Friday freaking Jane-Doe Addams they are about to be 6 feet deep, and I am going to be in jail for 30 years"