History

Summary: Louis and Harry broke up seven years ago, and those same years later, Louis wants to get back together. But things don't go quite according to plan.

This was a request by
@AnnaPark041 Thank you so much for your patience. I know you made this request forever ago. I hope you enjoy!

______

It was the biggest mistake of his life, Louis knew that now.

Giving up the only good thing he had going for him. All because he wanted to 'work on himself' or whatever words he'd used that felt right at the time. He'd given up. Given up on the band, their relationship, on his best friend—Harry. Louis had been so scared of what would happen with Harry and the boys after the hiatus, that he walked away from it all. Barely any fight.

Louis regretted everything, and if he could do it all over again, he would. Go back seven years time and choose the band and choose Harry, choose to fight for it all. Damn it, what had he been thinking? Louis couldn't go back and change anything, so the only thing to do now was move on.

Sort of.

______

Louis couldn't convince himself that he was over Harry even if he had tried. And believe him, he tried. He won't even mention the sort of things he'd attempted to rid his mind of those green eyes and that beautiful dimpled smile. God, he still loved Harry after all these years, and he hated himself for letting him go.

So maybe inviting the man over to his house for some tea, because they couldn't exactly go and have one out in public, wasn't the most subtle thing for him to do considering they hadn't talked in a few months.

Though, Louis couldn't back out of it now, Harry had just rung his doorbell.

Shit.

Louis wiped his suddenly sweaty hands on his jeans, taking a deep breath. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't nervous. Their breakup was really messy, and the guilt was all consuming. Building up and eating away more at him the closer he got to the door. But at the same time, his heart raced with excitement.

"Hey," Louis breathed out, opening the door wide for the green eyed man. He felt his heart flutter at the sight he was met with. "Come on in."

Harry stepped over the threshold with a small smile, taking a look around. The man was as stunning as ever. Standing tall, his brown curls hung over his forehead and reached down to the middle is his neck. An oversized, mustard colored turtleneck and brown slacks covered his figure. Louis had to force himself to look away.

The man was so different. Stunning. Of course, he always had been, though Louis was seeing a whole new side of Harry right now.

"Um," Harry cleared his throat, voice as deep as ever. "I was a bit surprised when I got your text. It's been what? A... year? Two?"

"Nine months." Louis spoke without missing a beat. Harry nodded, blinking. "Yeah, um—come, come, sit, please." He motioned over to the kitchen after closing the front door. He pulled out a barstool for Harry, who thanked him, and rounded the counter, moving to fill the kettle. He set it on the stove and turned back slowly to face the man once more.

"How've you been?" Louis tried, trying to fill the silence.

"Ehm," Harry coughed again and Louis had to hide a grimace. "I'm doing alright. What about you?"

"Good, good." Awkward. Make this less awkward. "How's tour going? And the movies? I've seen the trailers and they look amazing." You've been doing so well without me, the words went unspoken.