5. Game of Trouble

Percy gracefully left the pool, while everybody was applauding for her five-star jump. Some people tried to high five with her, which she did automatically, looking for the man, whom she saw from the balcony. He must've been somewhere here.

Behind her, Marco also jumped to the pool, making his guests wildly scream for his bravery. The music was brought back on, and the party carried on, with more people filling up the swimming pool.

"Where did you go," whispered Percy, turning around her own axis.

There must've been a reason he was sticking close by. Maybe it had something to do with her nightmares. He surely had the answers she was looking for. And paranormal stuff always mean trouble.

"Amazing jump." Marco closely hugged Percy from behind, making her shiver for a moment. "So, what's your name, mystery girl?" He swiftly turned her around, so he could look into her light brown eyes. This forced closeness was making Percy uncomfortable.

"Percy," she answered automatically, gazing above his shoulder.

She tried to break free from his arms, but Marco was a well-built guy. The water was dripping from his hair and body, making him look quite hot. Most of the girls would probably be happy to get his attention, in normal circumstances including Percy, but right now she desperately wanted to find the man from the crowd. A ghost from her past.

Those dreams she was having must've meant something. If only she could know what.

"That's an interesting name."

"Yeah, could you like, let me go?" she insisted, trying to break free once again. Right now, she didn't wish for Marco's company. 

"Chill, Percy, what's the hurry?" he asked, pulling her closer and causing their wet bodies to touch each other.

He leaned as if he wanted to force a kiss out of her, and that was enough. Percy swung her free hand and aimed a juicy slap on Marco's cheek, causing a loud noise that got the attention of a few people around. Taking the opportunity of Marco's astonishment at this event, she pushed him away, finally freeing herself from his embrace.

"When a girl says let go, you should listen," groaned Percy. Now she got seriously angry, and back in her fighting mood. She hated people who were acting just like Marco did.

He touched himself at the cheek, which was red from the slap. Maybe she was a girl but her blow was pretty hard. He gazed at Percy with anger and straightened up.

"And you should learn when to keep your hands to yourself," he hissed, coming closer.

"I know that everybody secretly talks to themselves, but maybe try not to do it publicly. It makes you look as if you had a personality split. Nevertheless, that was a good piece of advice you gave to yourself." She smiled, while a few students around started laughing at Marco. From the look of his eyes, Percy already knew nothing good was about to unleash. Humiliating narcissists boys always hurt their ego.

Just as he raised his hand at her, another boy stepped in between the two of them. Wearing a black leather jacket and having his hair shortly cut, he looked way scarier at the moment than Marco himself. Not to mention all the cool tattoos he had.

"Blake," whispered Percy, instantly forgetting about everything else.

A paranormal entity which appears and disappears in the most absurd moments? Yeah, who would think about that.

"Don't make anything stupid," Blake warned Marco. "Walk away."

They were looking at each other for a longer moment, but Marco finally gave it up, not risking a fight with Blake. The word was, with Blake no one has ever won. He was the kind of guy, who didn't have many friends, but at the same time he was very friendly towards everybody – except for those, who tried to cross him. It sounded bizarre, but it just seemed as if he didn't let anyone too close.