-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞-

I looked at Yae, she seemed concerned and Ei soon sat next to her in front of me, i had no idea what they could have possibly wanted to discuss with me, "I'm listening." I replied curiously.

"Well dear, as you may know Scaramouche has recently gotten out of a mental hospital, we're very concerned about him and because we aren't too close to him we want you to help him become emotionally stable again if you're okay with being his friend."Yae spoke, i let out a sigh of relief "Of course Miss, no need to even worry I'll do my best!" I smiled with my eyes closed giving them a thumbs up, they smiled.

~~~

"So Ei, you stir the Carmel but not too much" you instructed Ei, "Put some cream and a tiny bit of salt." She did as you said, "Ah i think i finally did it!" She celebrated "mhm! Goodjob!"

She finally put the Carmel on top of the cake, she had made Scaramouches favorite cake, A coffee Carmel cake.

You had helped her make it while Yae cooked dinner, "I'll go get Scaramouche" I said smiling.

Walking up the stairs i heard Scaramouche talk, i didn't want to disturb him but you also didn't want him to starve, you heard someone..crying?

Trigger warning :self harm,mental breakdown and self hatred ahead, please skip if you're sensitive to these topics ⚠️

You hesitantly knocked on the door, you waited for a minute before the door finally opened,greeting you was an angry Scaramouche, his eyes were puffy and his hair was messy, he didn't show himself fully he just peaked through the door.

"What do you want?" He roughly spoke sending shivers down your spine "may i enter?" He waited a couple of seconds before deciding to let you in. His room was a bit dark but basic, you then noticed the broken perfume bottles, fallen trophies, notebooks, papers, clothes all on the floor,only then had it clicked that he was having a mental breakdown.

You sat Infront of him "what's wrong Scara?"
"Everything."
"How so?"
He waited before responding "I never wanted to be the way I am...I understand better than anyone else that I'm ultimately worthless..and I've made peace with the fact that I'm a lowly,stupid, insignificant human who can't do anything right." He said roughly grabbing his hair

(Yes this is a Nagito voice line shut up 👿)

"That's not true Scara..Nobody in this word is useless and especially not you." You comforted him tucking a piece of his hair behind his ear"nobody will see your worth unless you admit it yourself".

I held onto his hands and looked deep in his eyes with a smile on my face, "Lets play a little game again, I'll say something that I like about myself and you'll do the same" he nodded weakly , "I like..My eyes"

"Hm,I like my loyalty I guess.." I giggled a bit and saw his lips curving upwards as well,he couldn't help but smile at your kindness.

You then pulled him in for a hug tightly, and whispered in his ear "Please never talk lowly of yourself, you're amazing and if you ever need anything I'm here for you, and I'll always be here for you, forever..I promise" I closed my eyes and let him relax for a moment, Scaramouche felt very appreciated and hugged you back,your strawberry cent put him at peace, he'll never forget this small gesture.

What you failed to see however, were Miko and Ei peaking from the door after you had taken too long to come back.

After a while you let go of scara and decided to go down.

"The food is cold now." Ei said looking a bit upset, "aww I am sorry, I'll reheat it though!" You smiled and she smiled back fluffing your hair a bit "I'm aware that this is a bit early but I can tell (Name) is a great addition to our family don't you think so Kunikuzushi?" Miko whispered loud enough just for Scaramouche to hear, He nodded taking a sip of his miso soup.

------

After Dinner

Dinner was great, you had a great time but after a bit it got quite dark and so you decided to head home, you put on your shoes and jacket then waved goodbye, Scara however, insisted he walked you home which you eventually agreed on.

The walk home was Rather peaceful, the silence was nice and the rain hitting the umbrella you and Scaramouche where sharing was an unreal, after a few minutes he broke the silence "You know, you're the only person who's ever seen me at my lowest."

"I'm glad you're comfortable with me" i smiled and looked at him,"well this is my house, see you tomorrow Scara." I waved "see ya"before he could leave my little sister, Diona , was underneath his umbrella tugging on his shirt "Hey! Who are you bozo!?" She yelled with her hands on her hips sassily "bitch? Who are you talking to goofy ass kid" Scaramouche yelled back "(Name) HE SAID A BAD WORD!!" "DONT SNITCH ON ME YOU PU-" Scara got interrupted "AY AY calm down both of you!" You scolded hoping to get their attention ,"Diodio what did we say about being rude to strangers?" You bent down to see her level and she scoffed " Well Scaramouche, meet Diona my little sister, Diona meet Scaramouche, my friend!" You smiled "hm! Fine I'll tolerate you but only because you're (Name)s friend! Hope you're not an alcoholic" she crossed her arms "well Diona you're a little feisty one, nice to meet you I guess" he gave her a fist bump "hmph well I guess you're not that bad after all, but if you dare hurt my sister you won't wake up now another day!" He chuckled and stood up.

"Well (Name) I'll see you tomorrow dumbass, goodnight" he waved goodbye and you and Diona went inside, "Hey Diodio, where's dad?" You asked and she got upset "HE is still at the tavern, (Name) I'm worried, what if he doesn't come home?" You kneeled down and held her small hands "Don't worry Dio, everything will be okay as long as I'm here" and you stretched your arms for a hug which she accepted, she didn't pull away making you realize she had fallen asleep in your embrace, you picked her up and took her to bed, you gave her a quick peck on the cheek and left her room.

It was tough dealing with a lot of things at once, but having Diona made things just a little bit easier.

End of chapter

A/n: YAAAAAY new chapter done!! Hope you guys like this one, i feel like Scaramouche is a bit oc so I'll try to fix that if you guys want idk :')

Tysmmm byee