Eleven: Paralyzed

Hinata sat silently as a doctor patched up his hand. He had not cried out when the antibiotic chemicals touched the flesh, nor had he winced in pain either.

He felt...

Dead.

Hinata thanked the doctor for what he did, and promised not to do it again. He walked away and headed towards the exit of the hospital.

He couldn't stay here.

Not knowing how Kageyama was.

Not knowing whether he would wake or not.

Sugawara followed him. "Hinata, are you okay?" he asked gently. "Where are you going?"

"Home," was all he said.

"Why? Don't you want to know how Kageyama is feeling?" Sugawara asked.

"No."

"Why?"

"Because I shouldn't be here."

Sugawara began to feel very annoyed. "Hinata, look at me."

The smaller boy turned to him. "Yes?"

"Kageyama is awake."

Hinata's jaw dropped. The slightest shine returned to his eyes.

"What?"

"But..." Sugawara's voice trailed off. "There's something wrong."

"What?! What is it?!" Hinata asked, grabbing his arms and shaking him.

"He's..."

"Yes?!"

"Kageyama's been paralyzed from neck down."

<•><•><•>

Kageyama breathed deeply, feeling constricted because of the mask on his face.

His eyes opened faintly, and he slowly shut them again, for the light in the room was too bright.

When he got used to the light, he opened his eyes again and glanced around the room.

Where was he?

What was this place?

Why did it look so empty?

What was missing?

Kageyama breathed deeply as he tried to figure it out. Everything was white, blank white. Nothing had a bit of color in it.

Color.

Kageyama realized what was missing.

Color.

Orange.

Ginger.

.

Hinata.

...

Wait.

Hinata isn't here.

Hinata.

Hinata.

What?

What's going on?

Kageyama's heartbeat began to speed up, and he tried to move his arm to help him sit up.

Nope.

Nothing.

What was going on?

Why could he not move?

Hinata.

Hinata.

Help me.

Help me!

Hinata!