Twelve & 3/4: END

Kageyama stared up at the ceiling, the ticking of the clock in his room slowly making him more relaxed by the minute. It had been a few hours since lights out, and even though Kageyama had been trying to rest, he couldn't.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could still see the signed volleyball perched on the table next to his bed.

His chest clenched with pain at all the kind words, because even though he knew no one meant no harm, they would never know how much pain Kageyama was in. They signed it, writing words of understanding, and Kageyama tried to feel thankful and not hateful.

He turned his head to look at the clock right above the door.

It signed 0:27.

Kageyama sighed. He had gotten off the oxygen mask and the machine, thankfully, and now was only on the IV drip. But it wasn't like it mattered, since Kageyama couldn't move anyway.

He would never move again.

Kageyama closed his eyes and breathed deeply.

Stupid fricking goddamn car.

-

Hinata pedaled faster and faster, his fast breaths forming clouds of mist in the musky air of the night. He was almost there. Almost there.

Hinata kept his eyes on the road for any cars or potholes he may fall into. If he got injured on his way to the hospital, would they let him in easier that way?

Hinata shook his head, clearing the thoughts. He wanted to have all the time in the world with him, so he would have to sneak into Kageyama's hospital room.

Hinata had stared at Kageyama's window long enough to memorize which window it was, so as soon as he was within a block of the hospital, he ditched his bike and locked it somewhere and began running.

And the hospital was then right in front of him.

Hinata stood up straight, his breath coming in slight pants.

Now the problem was how to get up there.

Hinata stood there and thought for a while. But since he was not very smart, he thought of a not very good idea.

"Guess there's no other choice but to climb," he said proudly.

-

Kageyama sighed as he continued staring at the ceiling. He was completely bored out of his mind.

He hated not being able to move. He couldn't even watch YouTube videos without help.

Kageyama licked his dry lips and glanced over at the nurse sitting in the corner. She was busy filling out documents for the hospital, and writing emails.

He didn't want to bother her for a glass of water. But then she suddenly stood up and left so Kageyama regretted not asking her.

As Kageyama continued staring at the ceiling, he heard a clatter from outside.

But it came from the direction of his window.

Kageyama glanced over warily and saw that the window was opened. He frowned and was about to call out nervously, but then a bag flew through the window, followed by a familiar orange haired boy.

Kageyama's eyes widened as he saw who it was and his mouth opened a little.

Hinata sighed as he dusted off his clothes in case there was any dirt when he made eye contact with Kageyama.

There was silence.

There was just silence.

The only thing happening was a spark that flickered in both of their eyes.