Chapter 5 ~ Job

[A/n]
Next question of the day; what's your favorite food and why? I really hope you guys respond XD

{Official published} April 29th, 2015

{Republish on} August 1st, 2016

{Word count} 2236

* * *

Your POV

'Am I being kidnapped?!' I frantically thought, looking down at my lap and fiddled my thumbs together. Levi sighs, looking at me and clicks his tongue but remains by the wall.

"No," Levi says, breaking the silence first. "you're not being kidnapped." He says as if he knew what I was thinking. "We're just here to ask a few questions."

"O-oh good," I say, some part of me a little satisfied, the other part still dreading with fear on what's going to happen. The man with the blonde hair cleared his throat, sitting up and interlocking his hands together and setting it onto the table.

"My name is Erwin Smith, I'm just here to ask a few questions and we'll be out of your hair." He says. I nod my head, my eyes still glued to my hands.

"What's your relationship with David?" Erwin asks, pulling out a folder and placing it on the table, flipping it open.

"David?" I ask dumbfounded, my brows in sync. I wasn't able to see what the papers had written on them from where I sat.

"That annoying pig that tried to hurt you," Levi says in a blunt tone, his face unfazed as if people trying to kill each other were normal.

The flash of the Bully and the knife clicked in my mind. Triggering my nerves, causing my hands and fingers to tremor from the haunting event which happened not too long ago.

"Are you ok miss F/n?" Erwin says, noticing my hands shaking. I nod and placing my hands under the table, out of sight.

"I'm fine," I lie. "I don't know anything about the Bully- I mean David. All I know is that he came to school a few days ago. He's in my social studies class and we've never talked to each other besides today." I confess.

"I'll be back," Levi says all of sudden, exiting the room.

"I'm sorry if Levi is being ill-mannered," Erwin apologizes, "he doesn't take orders from a lot of people and is unsolicited." He says.

"I can sort of tell," I said and my head staring down at my sweaty palms, still quivering intense dismay. In short time, Levi walks back into the room with two steaming teacups.

"Let's take a break Erwin, she's still scared shit and her wound needs to be treated," Levi says, setting down one of the mugs on the table in front of me.

"Is it serious?"

"No, it's shallow," Levi responds to Erwin.

"Alright, I'll be back with the first aid kit." Erwin replied, standing from his seat and closing his folder then leaving the room with me and Levi, alone. Levi sat in Erwin's seat, holding his teacup in an odd, uncommon way; his fingers were holding the rim of the teacup and lifting it to his lips.

"Thank you," I manage to splutter my words, holding the stem of the cup and lifting it to my lips. The tea was warm and sweet, not too sweet but enough to saturate my muscles with ease, comfort, and serenity. I note my hands stopped their trembling, the tea had it did it's magic.