The Cotillion of 2249

When Lady Patricia Charlene Howard turned 15 years old, her father escorted her to her cotillion in 2249 to meet the oldest sons of any Dukes, Marchionesses or Earls on Star Base 10 or 12, and when Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR walks into the Ritz Inn in Norfolk Territory on Star Base 12 where is he is the senior Duke on Star Base 12.

Everyone stands aside as he passes by and they bow or curtsy to him, and present at the same cotillion is his first cousin, Lord George Frederick Carey with his daughter, Lady Georgiana Henrietta Carey, and he is the second senior Duke on Star Base 12, and he is the son of his aunt, Lady Sophia Charlotte Howard and Lord William Phillip Carey, 

Both Lady Georgiana Henrietta and Lady Patricia Charlene are two of the most beautiful young women at the cotillion of 2249.

Neither care to wear traditional white to their cotillion, so their father's and mothers allow them to wear whatever they want to their cotillion and Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR and Lord George Frederick Carey walk together with their daughters ...

Neither care to wear traditional white to their cotillion, so their father's and mothers allow them to wear whatever they want to their cotillion and Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR and Lord George Frederick Carey walk together with their daughters and the fathers with their sons and daughters are stand aside as they pass by as they are both the grandsons of Lord Patrick William Howard and Lord John Carey through his son, Lord Frederick William Howard and two of his children, Lord Charles Andrew Howard Senior and Lady Sophia Charlotte Howard.

Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR and Lord George Frederick Carey only want the best for their eldest daughters and only a the son of a Duke, Marquess or an Earl will do.  They must be from a good aristocratic family or a good gentry family.

However,  the Cotillion didn't yield to many sons but more daughters and the fathers looking for a bride for their oldest son or daughter as the case maybe were very limited.

The Cotillion of 2249 only produced five sons,  and all the sons were the oldest sons of Earls either from Star Base 10 or 12,  and one was Lord Robert Neville, Earl of Westmoreland Territory  and the one was Lord Edmund Stafford, Earl of Stafford along with Lord Roger Mortimer, Earl of March who was also presenting his daughter, Lady Katherine Mortimer at the same time.

Lord Charles Andrew JR looks at his first cousin, Lord George Frederick Carey and tells him " What a sorry lot of young men this evening?" 

"I thought this cotillion would produce more young men." Lord George Carey tells his cousin.

"I have to find a groom for my beautiful daughter but he has to be worthy of her as she is the daughter of the Duke of Norfolk Territory." Lord Charles Andrew JR tells his first cousin.

"How do you think I feel when I have to marry my daughter beneath her rank." Lord George asks.

"There are no  Marquesses here this evening, and only a handful of Earl's sons." Lord Charles Andrew JR states.

"I even had a hard time finding my son a bride. How about you?" Lord Charles Andrew JR asks.

"Lord Robert Frederick Carey is engaged to Lady Lettice Knolly." Lord George Frederick states.

Lady Patricia Charlene Howard is a young woman who knows what she wants and she sets her eyes on Lord Ralph Neville, the oldest son of Lord Robert Neville, Earl of Westmoreland Territory.

Lord Charles Andrew JR looks at his first cousin, " Oh heavens. Lord George. She reminds me of your mother, Lady Sophia Charlotte Howard who is my dear aunt." Lord Charles Andrew JR states.

Lady Patricia Charlene Howard walks over to her father " Father. I want to meet Lord Ralph Neville, he is the son of Lord Robert Neville, Earl of Westmoreland Territory." Lady Patricia tells her father.

"I am acquainted with Lord Robert Neville." Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR states " I believe that his great-grandfather traveled with Lord Patrick William Howard in 2153." 

Lord Richard Neville traveled with your great-great-grandfather Lord Patrick William Howard on The USS Excalibur." Lord Charles Andrew JR states.

"I am going to marry Lord Ralph Neville." Lady Patricia Charlene tells her father, " Please Cousin, Lord George Carey speak up for me." 

"I think it is a good match Lord Charles Andrew JR. Lady Patricia show be able to marry for love like my mother, Lady Sophia Charlotte Howard did when your father and his brother, Lord Frederick William II told our grandfather they would cut into collops." Lord George tells Lord Charles Andrew JR.

Lord Charles Andrew JR and Lord Robert  Neville sit down to finalize the marriage with their son and daughter and but Lord Charles Andrew JR tells Lord Robert " Lady Patricia can't marry until 2253." 

"I am fine with that because I am not ready to retire just yet and when I do I want my son to succeed me to my Earldom." Lord Robert states.

"What about the dowry?" Lord Charles Andrew JR asks.

"Lord Howard. I am not too concerned about the dowry.  I will set aside for our grandchildren." Lord Robert tells him,

In the year of  2251, Lord Charles Andrew Howard III marries Lady Victoria Charlotte Stanhope and with that marriage Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR looks forward to getting his first grandchild.