2. obligatory transition chapter

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

While Wednesday got a very enthusiastic werewolf as her roommate, Enid Sinclair, Iris was stuck with some vampire, Yoko Tanaka, who wasn't even in the room to welcome her like Principal Weems said she would be. Great.

It's how Iris trails along now, behind Wednesday, as well as Enid, who's been instructed to give the girls a tour on their way to the office to pick up their personalized uniforms and schedules.

Iris would like to think she would've been fine with the indigo color everyone else is wearing, but, unfortunately, she gets similar hives to Wednesday when exposed to color - and the purple/blue is kinda ugly anyway.

"Nevermore was founded in 1791 to educate people like us," Enid recites as they walk down the steps, students bustling around them. "Outcasts, freaks, monsters. Fill in your favorite marginalized group here."

"You can save the sanitized sales pitch," Wednesday's had enough as she walks to stand face to face with Enid, Iris also stopping, but now just taking in her surroundings. "We don't plan on staying here for long."

"What?"

"Why not?"

Iris and Enid stare at the girl taken aback, and Wednesday stares similarly at her twin. "You want to stay?" She seems to almost interrogate Iris.

"Well, no," Iris answers technically, "but I thought we were gonna give it a shot," she thinks back to the pep talk she was giving herself during the entire walk to Weems's office when they first arrived, trying to build her confidence about being here.

"You know they've been looking for any excuse to send us here," Wednesday assumes Enid can understand she's answering for her perspective as well. "It's a part of their nefarious yet completely obvious plan."

"What plan?" Enid converses.

"To turn us into a version of themselves," Iris catches on, understanding Wednesday has a point.

"Well, in that case, maybe you can clear some stuff up," Enid starts walking again, Iris and Wednesday now a step behind. "Rumors are swirling around that you killed a kid at your old school, and your parents pulled some strings to get you off."

"Two kids," Wednesday replies simply, now walking ahead.

"They had it coming," Iris assures, taking the spot next to Enid, but she still looks slightly taken aback.

They keep walking. . . More words. . . Something something. . . Blah blah blah.

". . . resident tortured artist," are the words Enid says that bring Iris back to the conversation.

"He's cute," she's never been known for her filter.

"Careful. Bianca Barclay's kinda crazy. And possessive. She might drown you if you get too close to him," Enid warns.

"All the more enticing."

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

After the end of the cliché rundown of the Nevermore social scene, an awkward interaction between some Enid and some Gordon she obviously has a crush on, and Iris's goodbye hug for both her mother and younger brother, Iris stands in front of her father to say bye before the family leaves her and Wednesday at this hellhole for the rest of eternity - a few months.

Wednesday and Morticia are having some deep talk a few feet away, and Iris figures they need it, so she turns to hug her father for a moment longer.

"You'll look after your sister?" Gomez assures as they pull away and he holds Iris by the shoulders to look into her black eyes.