9. kidnapping!

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

"You look ridiculous," Iris greets Xavier as the two walk out of their tents at the same time.

His group's theme is something joker related, so he has on a jester costume with white face makeup, black smudged eyeliner around his eyes, and red paint smudged in a smile around his lips.

"You look hot," he looks Iris's leather, black cat costume up and down.

"Wait until you see the whiskers," she assures seriously just as Enid walks up to her.

"No fraternizing with the enemy," she says very seriously, holding a black face paint marker poised and ready.

"I was working on my smack talk," Iris assures as Enid pushes her back into the tent to draw on her whiskers.

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

"Wednesday, what time is it?" Iris is not as concerned on how her sister even entered her dorm room in the first place as she blinks against the flashlight Wednesday has pointed in her face.

"Shh," Wednesday underestimated how heavy of a sleeper Yoko is. "We have to go, right now."

And Iris knows she won't get any answers right now, so she blearily follows Wednesday out her room after slipping on the cat slippers Yoko got all of Ophelia Hall as a congratulations gift for winning the Poe Cup.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Iris stumbles through the halls behind Wednesday as she lets her sister lead her blindly throughout the school.

"It's Edgar Allen Poe," Wednesday says.

"Okay."

There's something with a statue and a riddle, and two snaps, and a weird basement, and a picture of their mother, and a bookshelf, and the purple book, and the last thing Iris remembers is someone putting a bag over her head and everything going dark.

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

"Who dares breech our inner sanctum?" Some dark, brooding voice asks as Iris squints from the light of the some projector shining right in her eyes.

Her wrists are tied tightly behind some chair she's been put in, Wednesday to her left in a similar predicament, already starting to unravel the knots.

"You can take the mask off, Bianca," Iris states what they were both thinking, also starting to dutifully untie herself while still blinking against the harsh light.

She hears Bianca sigh heavily as the whole group of cloaked figures standing in a circle around the girls take off their masks and hoods, and Iris is grateful for a moment when Bianca turns off the projector, but taken aback as their identities are revealed. Xavier? Yoko?!

"Wait, I preferred you with it on," Wednesday snarks easily.

"How'd you get down here?" Xavier interrogates, avoiding all eye contact with Iris.

"Rowan showed us," of course Wednesday had to be cryptic with her answer before darting her eyes to her side. "Left pocket."

Xavier looks around for a moment before stalking over to Wednesday and snatching the drawing she had folded up there.