14. family stuff

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

Of course Parent's Weekend is while Iris and Wednesday are having their fight from what happened at the Rave'n, and of course neither girl is going to be the first to admit they're in the wrong.

So instead, they're both standing awkwardly next to each other as they watch their parents walk into the quad where everyone's reuniting.

They finally see them, Gomez hugging the two, Iris stealing the corndog out of Pugsley's hand, and Wednesday immediately going into whatever she's been holding in since their parents first dropped them off here.

They then go into Weems's office where their principal tells their parents all the trouble Wednesday's been getting into. A family therapy session is recommended while Morticia and Gomez are here for the weekend, so next thing she knows, Iris is lying on her back, head in Pugsley's lap as he sits criss cross on the floor, their parents and Wednesday facing Wednesday's therapist in comfy chairs.

Iris has been dreading Parent's Weekend ever since they dropped her off at this school. She knew Wednesday would be getting into all this trouble and she knew she would be dragged into everything as well, and she just wishes, for once in her life, that people - even her family - would stop seeing her as Wednesday's sister, and instead her own person.

Iris was ready to take a nap during this nightmare of a meeting, not wanting to express any emotion she may have about this whole ordeal in case someone manages to make her feel any worse, but then Wednesday stood up with some case file.

"Who was Garrett Gates, and why are you accused of murdering him?" She holds up the file and directs her question to Gomez, causing Iris to sit up a bit, resting on her elbows now.

"Woah," Pugsley voices both his and Iris's thoughts.

Their parents then stand too, obviously defending Gomez, and Iris isn't surprised their little family outing has turned into this. They storm out of the office dramatically after a bit more back and forth, and Pugsley, Iris, and Gomez all stand on the sidewalk after Wednesday and Morticia have another tiff of course.

"Potpourri?" Pugsley offers.

They go back to Nevermore for a nice lunch, Gomez gets arrested for murder, Iris and Wednesday put aside their differences for two seconds to go see him together where he explains the whole story and how the murder was out of self-defense, but neither girl really believes it. Iris and Pugsley then go sit by the lake where Iris tries comforting him, but she isn't really sure what to do with everything either, hoping Wednesday is coming up with a foolproof plan to prove his innocence. She then comes out to the lake as well and they some sort of sibling bonding exercise with a grenade and dead fish.

Iris tells Wednesday she's not going to apologize for not wanting any part in the whole investigation with the monster nor for believing Xavier when he says he's not the monster, and Wednesday says what Iris takes as an apology because she's probably not going to get anything better how she shouldn't have done so much behind Iris's back, she was just worried Iris was losing interest and didn't want to push her so far that she never wanted to help Wednesday again.

Iris then explained how she could never hate Wednesday so much so that she'd totally abandon her, she just wished Wednesday wouldn't make all this her whole personality. She then managed to convince Wednesday to have a heart-to-heart with their mother before their relationship goes completely to shambles.

It isn't until the next day are Iris and Pugsley dragged to the mayor's office after Morticia and Wednesday got arrested for grave digging/robbing, but they have proof Gomez wasn't Garrett's cause of death, so Iris and Puglsey sit on the sidewalk while to two chew the mayor out and likely get what they wanted with how they walk out with smug looking faces.

Lurch then drives them out to where Gomez will be released, Pugsely and Iris playing Slap Jack on the way there.

a/n:
ik how this reads but i didn't want xavier in the way of their family moments but obvi this is a xavier story so next ch out soon :)))