~Chapter 7~

I glared at Zelda as she pulled the cloth back, letting the early sunlight in.

"Amethyst, why didn't you sleep in the bed?" she asked.

"It's better if I'm in small closed spaces."

She paused, before helping me out.

"Did you even get any sleep?"

"No, I couldn't fall asleep."

"Maybe if you'd slept in the bed..."

"Where I sleep doesn't make a difference. If I can't fall asleep, then I can't."

Link peeked in the box, kneeling at our sides.

"Do you want anything for breakfast?" he asked.

"I rarely eat breakfast. Only when Purah forces me to, sometimes."

"Maybe we should've brought Purah to make her eat then?"

I rolled my eyes, before getting to my feet.

"Were there monsters out there?"

I looked down at my tunic, pausing.

"Oh... yeah... There weren't too many, so it wasn't a problem..."

"You didn't get hurt did you?"

Zelda cupped my cheeks, checking my face.

"I-I'm fine, I didn't get hurt. It's just monster's blood..."

"I should have a spare tunic for you in my bag, let's-"

"No, it's fine. I can wash it out later."

Zelda paused, frowning.

"It's fine."

"If... if you say so..."

"When do we leave?"

Zelda glanced around the stable, frowning.

"Once they've fed the horses. It looks like they're starting about now."

My hand rested on my sword as I started walking to the front. I watched as a horse turned to me, watching as I walked. I swiftly turned away, moving faster away from them.

"It's all your fault."

"I thought you said to leave you alone?"

"I didn't give you permission to speak to me."

"Oh? I need your permission now?"

"Tch."

A traveling merchant jumped as they moved past me, moving off the path to stay away.

"This is all your fault."

I stopped moving, looking up. My eyes widened as I turned back, the stable across the small bridge. The others moved about, getting ready to go about their day.

I let my attention fall to the ground as I turned away, starting again at a slower pace.

"How far will we get today?"

"So you do want to talk?"

"Just answer my question."

"We'll reach the Outpost ruins and stop there for the night. Then we'll reach the Riverside Stable by nightfall tomorrow. There may be a surprise on the way."

I stopped in my path, looking up.

"What do you mean?"

"Amethyst!"

The horses stopped next to me, Link and Zelda looking down.

"Huh?"

"You took off without us. You've been gone for almost an hour now, and we couldn't find you."

"What?"

I squinted up at the sky, before looking around. We were about halfway between the Dueling Peaks; the sun peaking over the mountain.

I jumped as Link held out his hand to help me up. I accepted, climbing up behind him.

"Are you tired at all?" Zelda asked.

"No...?"

"But you didn't get any sleep."

I shrugged as the horses began walking.

"I didn't get a lot of sleep while I was out. It takes a lot to wear me out."

"Still, you should be careful and take care of yourself. That bit of sleep could help you not wear out ever."

I shrugged again, grabbing my wrist.

"It's not like I can say I don't need sleep-"

"All thanks to me!"

"Shut up."

Zelda pulled out a map, looking over it as we passed another merchant.

"We'll probably reach the Outpost ruins by nightfall. We can rest there before heading for the next stable. I'm sure we can find somewhere to take cover for the night."

"There's enough of a building for us to rest under, I believe. I haven't been around there too recently, but I took shelter there at one point," Link said.

"Then let's go with that. We can continue from wherever we leave off and move from there tomorrow. For now, let's just continue on our way."

~ * ~

A shorter chapter this time, but all I can really say is I was struggling XD

We're off to the next location, and I wonder what that surprise might be??? Ehe~