~Chapter 21~

Soft voices came from my side as I opened my eyes. The blanket still covered my head as I shifted, turning to lie on my back.

"Am I sore from him, or the Lynel?"

"A mix of both. That was a tough fight, although you didn't stand a chance."

"I've fought Lynels before. Why was it worse this time?"

"Because you were fighting against him. And using his power. You've gained control of it faster than we thought..."

The blanket lifted back, green eyes meeting mine.

"MeyMey?"

I blinked as Zelda took my hand, squeezing it.

"You didn't leave me behind?" I mumbled.

Her brows furrowed, hurt.

"Good..."

"Why would we leave you?"

She helped me sit up, adjusting my place in the bed.

"I'll be the one to destroy Hyrule..."

I glanced at my bare hand, the triangles dull against my skin.

"Or you'll help save it."

I turned back to her, frowning.

"Maybe you were given Ganon's power to help stop him. If he relies on his power too much, it could backfire on him. Maybe you're just what Hyrule needs to help with that."

"Not likely... He's been making plans for a long time now. He's prepared for everything."

"He can't be that prepared..."

I looked away, curling in a ball.

"You never know. He created the Calamity, but that was only a distraction. He had an extra century to keep planning and preparing."

Zelda sat next to me, her back to me. I ran a hand through my hair, squeezing my eyes shut.

"And you don't know his plans?"

"Even if I did, he would kill me if I told you."

"You nearly died from telling me what you did..."

"Well, they'd warned me multiple times. I told Impa, and Purah... Robby knew a little. Then Link found out, and I told him some... Then I told you."

"Was that the secret? The one you thought we'd hate you for?"

"Y-yeah... I mean, you're the Goddess reincarnate, and Link is the Hero of legend. If I have the Triforce of Power, who belongs to the one you've been fighting for so long, it's only natural I'd be your enemy, right?"

"But, you're different."

"How? I have power that could destroy the world. How am I different?"

"You're still fighting to be good. You don't want to do this."

"How would you know?"

"You've been helping Link and I until now. You've avoided the castle, where I'm assuming Ganon is getting ready to return. Despite everything, you're still trying to save Hyrule."

"Yeah, and I'm risking my life just to do something so simple."

"A lot of us have. I mean, Link died in my arms. He died because of me. We're only here now because the Sheikah and I pushed to continue exploring and researching. I know you had some part in it. You helped as my Lady in Waiting."