~Chapter 12~

I opened my eyes and found myself in a dark space. My chest felt weighed down as I looked at the shadows sitting above me.

"Who are you?" I asked.

Something around my neck tightened, and I winced.

"Don't speak to me like that after using my power as you did."

"I don't even know who you are, what do you expect?"

Whatever was around my neck loosened, dropping away.

"I could have left you to die. But I didn't. I gave you another chance to become better."

"I'm just a puppet to all of you. I didn't ask to be saved. I don't even know who you are."

"You'll find out soon enough."

Another voice popped up, the one I recognized. I looked to the shadow at the right as they adjusted in their seat.

"You'll meet all of us, when the time comes."

My eyes scanned over the other shadows circling around me, watching down on me.

"Why do you get to see me, but I can't see you?"

"There's no need to know who we are. It doesn't concern you."

My eyes landed on the shadow to the left, their figure inhumanly tall and unnaturally shaped.

"You're all his goons, too?"

"We are his loyal followers!"

"You should know this by now!"

A pair of voices behind me. I glanced back at them, before turning to the first one.

"What do you want with me?"

They leaned forward in their chair, pointing at me.

"I need you to behave yourself. Don't reveal anything to the Goddess or the Hero. And do as I say the first time."

"And if I don't?"

"Would you really like to find out?"

"If you're gonna kill me, just do it."

"There are fates much worse than death, child."

Quiet chuckles rose from one of the figures, their head bobbing. I folded my arms over my chest, frowning. I turned back to the first again, taking a step forward.

"Why are you doing this?"

"You'll find out when the time comes. Now, get out of my sight."

Shadows covered me, blocking sight of the figures. I stumbled back, falling to the ground. Almost on instinct, I covered my head, trying to hide away.

"Just stop already..."

~ * ~

My eyes fluttered open as the sound of running water filled my ears. I blinked, looking at the blue stone above me.

"I don't recognize this place..."

Voices grew closer as I pushed myself up, looking around the open-air room. A Zora walked in, their eyes landing on me. Their companion glanced at me, before their spears fell from their hands.

"R-Rivan, go find the Hero! Quickly!"

The other scooped their spear from the ground, before taking off.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"You're in Zora's Domain. Link and Princess Zelda brought you here a day ago... We weren't expecting you to wake so soon-"