𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐓 𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘺

𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 - truthfully

━━━━━━━

 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 having a crisis.

 Now, to anybody else, it would have seemed very dramatic to label his situation as a critical one. Robin had said as much on the phone all the while keeping her eyes on Scarlet who flitted around Family Video readjusting crooked movies and shelves...

 But Steve was descending into madness. It had been just over a month since the Battle of Starcourt, a month since everything had been resolved, and a month since everything had crumbled.

 The one good thing to come out of the tragedy was their relationship... and Steve, three days ago, had finally realised that he'd never taken his girlfriend out on a date. They'd just fallen into the role of girlfriend and boyfriend so seamlessly that it felt as though nothing had changed at all. They were still best friends, he still blushed like a little kid, and she still teased him relentlessly... the biggest difference was that steve Harrington could now steal kisses from the prettiest girl he'd ever known.

 So to realise that he hadn't taken her on a date had almost sent him six feet under. Robin had, of course, scoffed at his dismay and claimed that Scarlet didn't need all the dramatics, she just wanted him.

 But while Steve would have happily agreed and called it a day... he wanted to do this. He wanted to take her on a date... so when Robin had shrugged and said 'Dingus, she'd appreciate a movie night more than some fancy schmancy restaurant.' Steve had heeded her words.

 She was right. Scarlet Hopper had become quite the movie buff thanks to the friends and family discount Robin would give her. Scarlet spent her days watching fantastical films with knights and wizards with Will, she'd watch the grimiest horror movies imaginable with Max and Erica...

 But Steve wanted a piece of him in that little idea too. A movie night had made the cut, but it needed to be better than the usual nights they'd drape themselves in sweaters and sweatpants, mould themselves together on the couch, and blink through a sleepy daze as a movie came to a close.

 So... that's how Steve Harrington's living room had become draped with twinkling fairy lights — courtesy of one Robin Buckey who'd spent an entire afternoon plucking and peeling them from her bedroom walls.

 Candles were alight, flickering through the darkness he'd plunged the room within, and a box of steaming pizza was atop the coffee table... and, of course, there were two chocolate milkshakes with sprinkles and cherries on top. Just the way Scarlet adored them.

 But now, with nothing to busy his hands and nothing to do except stare at the watch snug on his wrist, Steve began to panic. He'd never done something this simple before. It had always been dinner with a candle in the centre because that's what those other girls had wanted. Actually, what they had wanted... was King Steve, not Steve Harrington.