𝐢𝐯. 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘸𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘴

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 - welcome to hawkins

━━━━━━━

 𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐍 any time at all for One to find Eleven; she looked a sorry state as she sat all alone beneath a bus shelter. The light above flickered, and a moth swirled around it with a broken wing beating harshly against the bite of the nighttime air.

 Her head was hung low, back curled like a cat as the young girl remained alone, waiting for her chance to return home.

 One's steps were silent as she drew near, and the sniffles permeating from Eleven grew louder; it had hurt her to leave One and Kali behind, just as much as it had hurt to watch her leave. There was still a deep and bitter sting within One's heart as she trudged onwards, recalling the tears glimmering upon Kali's skin like a dusting of glitter.

 Her sister had so rarely cried, far too stubborn to let any tears escape... and so when they had finally torn free, it had felt like somebody had caved One's chest in with a hammer.

 One eventually reached the girl and she paused, staring for a small moment; she had really done it. She had finally left behind everything she knew for a girl she'd not even known for a week. It was stupid, really... she had no plan at all. She'd leave with Eleven clinging to her hand... but what would happen when Eleven broke free and unfurled their fingers as she raced back to Hopper? What would she do?

 One mutely shook her head, hastily tucking her pin-straight, chopped hair behind her pierced ears. The small studs and hoops glinted beneath the moonlight as she strode forth.

 One swallowed the lump in her throat that hadn't chosen to budge since her departure from her band of misfits, "What's up, buttercup?" Her voice was as soft as a feather, as sweet as sickly honey. Eleven whirled around.

 The young girl bounced to her feet in a flash, rubbing her curled fists against her eyes to rid them of pesky tears, and to check if she was truly seeing her sister standing there. Eleven lingered... and then she sprang.

 Her arms curled around One's waist, her face buried against her sister's chest as she wept freely, "You came."

 "Of course I did. How on earth could I let you run off alone, hm?" One cooed, her hand planted firmly upon Eleven's back, moving to and fro, "You're my sister, after all."

 Eleven barely pulled back as she peered up with those molten-brown eyes glimmering beneath the dull and yellow lamplight, "Sisters." She repeated, just as One and Kali had done when she'd found them. Her forehead collided with One's chest again, making them rock on the spot, "Thank you."

 One hummed, smiling gently to herself as her hand continued to rub at Eleven's back. The girl's shoulders had been shaking, yet now they were so very still as she leaned closer and closer, arms winding tighter and tighter. This was what I want, One thought, Just this.