𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝘢 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳-𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 - a never-ending story

━━━━━━━

 𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 hear the rumbling echoing from within Starcourt Mall; the ground shook beneath them and it felt as though a crater might appear and swallow them whole... it'd be better than being cornered by the Mind Flayer, at least.

 The children had scurried into their seats, tucking themselves away within the car all the while their wide eyes peered out the window... Lucas would fall atop Will and Mike's lap if he teetered any closer to the fogged glass.

 Jonathan hadn't spared a glance at the car across the lot. The ignition cable within his grasp was their one way out, so while Billy revved his engine and kept his light on full beam... Jonathan popped the hood and dove straight in.

 He entrusted his safety, along with his little brothers with the two girls that had decided to face Billy Hargrove head-on.

 Scarlet's hands hadn't taken more than a heartbeat to alight with crimson. It dripped off her hands like slick blood, soon disappearing into the air. Nancy, on the other hand, had a gun held before her features... like Scarlet, her hands were steady. There wasn't a single tick upon their fingers, no hint of a tremble to be seen.

 They were both entirely resolved to win, and while neither of the two wanted to bring any heartbreak to Max Mayfield... they'd warned her that if they could escape without blowing him to pieces, they would. But Billy wasn't giving them much of a choice.

 As Jonathan cursed at the still-sputtering car, and Billy revved the engine of his own once more. It was a low growl, so very similar to the Mind Flayer that Scarlet wouldn't have been surprised if the beast had possessed the damn vehicle too.

 Then, the car raced forth. Each grumble of the engine fell to the back of their minds, the vibrant beams burning into their iris' were forgotten, and Nancy couldn't conceal the sneer on her features. She pressed the trigger. She squeezed it again and again and again.

 Each bullet that whizzed through the air dented the metal of the car. They bounced off and clattered upon the gravel. Some broke through the windshield and pushed through the seats within... but none quite hit the deranged driver.

 As the car stalked ever closer, tearing through the parking lot, Nancy faltered. Her hand fell to her side eyes roving over the multitude of holes in the glass, the smattering of dents and chipped paint; she'd leave the rest to the girl by her side...

 Scarlet needed no words to step forth. No plea to raise her hands and watch as crimson fell from her fingertips. She willed it forth, waiting as energy festered like a plague within her palms... and then... her head twisted to the side.