𝐯. 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘺

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 - meet the party

━━━━━━━

 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐃 squeaked in protest when Eleven had pushed it open; the mahogany wood was rotting, the door handle was rusted, and the latch that kept it closed was threatening to topple off.

 Eleven was the first to step inside, and even from her place behind the girl, One could see the rash rise and fall of Eleven's chest. One step, then another and finally, a chorus of mutterings and mingled gasps hit One's ears. 

 She peeked inside, a hand latched upon Eleven's shoulder if only to remind the girl that she was there, lingering if she was needed.

 Hopper was front and centre of the mass that greeted them; he stood so imposingly tall, overshadowing everyone by his side. He was still wrapped in those pale-blue scrubs, though there were now splatters of dried blood crawling up the cuffs and a jacket had been slung over his top half; he stared at One, eyes utterly unmoving.

 She'd seen him first, eyes drawn to his frame as he stood with a gun slung over his shoulder, barrel aimed at the door. He'd swept his gaze over Eleven, eyes softening for a split moment before One had peered over the girl's shoulder. Then they'd hardened again; a protective father, no doubt.

 One met his eyes unflinchingly; he might have been an absolute giant and built like a tank, but she wasn't at all frightened. He was just a father making sure his daughter was alright. She was a stranger to them all, and really, she was a threat.

 Finally, One broke their staring contest. Her hands were still lightly resting atop Eleven's shoulders as she moved to scan the rest of the group before them; an older woman with eyes so wide and so very soothing... She had to be Joyce. Then there was the boy by her side, his shaggy hair an absolute mess, no doubt this was Jonathan, and by his side was a girl. She was impressive, to say the very least. Her hair tied back, her eyes and lips thinned as she kept an iron grip on her own gun. Though she had lowered it substantially upon seeing Eleven before her eyes.

 There was a teenage boy on Hopper's left, and he was the one wielding the baseball bat... It hung limp in his hand with nails sticking out of the splintered and stained wood. He stared with bewilderment at the duo who had crept through the creaking front door. He was tall and had a very impressive mop of chestnut hair flailing atop his head. One almost cracked a smile; he was quite cute.

 Then there was the cluster of children, all staring at Eleven with stars in their eyes. Dustin, the one with bouncing curls and an old hat sat on his round head. Lucus, standing tall with a slingshot in his hand, though it'd been lowered the second Eleven stepped through the threshold... There was a girl too, her eyes wide while strands of fiery red hair trailed beyond her middle.