three.

THE LOUD MUSIC PLAYING throughout the shed vibrated within nicole's ear, shaking even her thoughts and muddling them up. or that might've been the alcohol and weed taking effect. she'd never know. 

she reached out to grab another glass, but an unknown hand beat her to it. "nico... I think you should stop drinking now." she looked up to the person that was speaking, and for a second, they swore that they were completely sober the second they made eye contact with the person. 

"hey man, leave them alone, if she wants to drink-" that was fitz talking but nicole didn't care, she smacked her hand over his face and smiled up at the mystery man. "hiiiii, I'm nico! who are you?" the smile plastered on her face was massive, even more apparent when her cheeks were flushed. 

nicole was rarely an easy blusher, but somehow this mysterious man with a cap indoors managed to do it. "hello nicooo," he smiled back at her as he dragged out her name, "i'm isaac, nick's best friend." the man she now knew as isaac stuck his hand out and nico took it without a second thought, she rationalized that if he was really nick's best friend, him and katie both trusted this guy.

she relished in the warmth and largeness of his hand and couldn't help the giggle that bubbled up within her and escaped through her lips. they wondered why they hadn't noticed isaac before or why they were so flustered. she took a glance at fitz' face of disapproval as isaac tugged her up from the sofa and pulled down at their skirt that had hitched up. 

"oh- thank you, isaac," she finished fixing her skirt with her own free hand and looked up at isaac. her whole face felt so hot she felt as if she was going to melt into a puddle. he was so tall compared to her and it made her brain go haywire. "of course, anytime sweetheart" 

she diverted her attention for a split second to fitz, saying sorry with her eyes before turning back to the conversation. air huffed out of her nose in amusement as isaac started leading her out of the living room and towards the door of the shed. "sweetheart? no one's ever called me that." she squeezed his hand and followed closely next to him, borderline pressed up against him. 

"well surprise, i'm better than all of your little boyfriends," isaac glanced back at her and the stupid smirk plastered on his face made nicole want to slap him. she scoffed and slowly moved her hand up his arm, "how about you prove it to me, then?" 

nico's mind was too messy and too focused on how built isaac was to notice how taken aback he got by her words. on the other hand, isaac took in a breath of air as he stared down at them trying to think of a way to bite back. he gave up once nicole looked up and they both locked eyes. 

the weed was fucking with their perception of what they were feeling but nico was well enough to stabilize herself and know what was going on. they knew that they wanted to keep feeling whatever this tension was. she wondered if isaac felt the same. 

she scolded herself in her brain and cleared her throat, stepping towards the door as she tugged isaac behind her. "how about we go get some denny's? i'll text katie in a bit so she knows I didn't get kidnapped

"I can't believe you're that fucking stupid," nicole's face dropped as she let out a fake gag of disgust

"I can't believe you're that fucking stupid," nicole's face dropped as she let out a fake gag of disgust. her and isaac were the only ones there beside the worker in the back named beatrice. both nico and isaac were grateful for that angel disguised as a human. they were a handful to handle- especially now that they were both under the influence.

"nico, I'm being serious. it actually did happen," isaac laughed nervously at her reaction as he fiddled with his straw and stirred his drink. "I regret it yeah, but anything for my first girlfriend, no?" he looked up at nico. 

nico looked back and let out a sigh. "come on isaac, you could've been smarter with setting down boundaries. she was your girlfriend for god's sake!" silence consumed them for a few seconds as they continued to make eye contact but nico broke it as she mumbled, "now you're just a cuck."

"hey....i heard that!" isaac gave her a dirty look and chucked a small wet rolled up ball of napkin at her face. "you're just being mean, nicole." his rude demeanor quickly crumbled as he laughed when she swatted her face and glared at him. 

"ME!?" she snorted, "i would NEVER make fun of you isaac, I barely even know you." nico put her elbow on the table and rested her face on her hand, staring at isaac's lips out of habit. her eyes dragged up to his eyes and she let out a smile as he rolled them. 

isaac almost combusted. the way she was looking at him was driving him crazy, "i could change that." 

"oh i know you would," a big smile creeped on nicole's face once again. it felt almost impossible to not smile around isaac, he just made her feel so-

"nico!" a high pitched scream came from the entrance of the restaurant.

biting their lip, nico fiddled with a napkin and cleared her throat before turning around to greet the people that walked in. "katieee.... and nick... I guess..." she glanced at isaac and got up to slide in the booth next to him. 

the next 4 hours were filled with laughter and loud talking, getting to know each other better and from this, nico knew things were bound to change. 

little exchanges happened between her and isaac; scooting closer, brushing their legs together, isaac resting his hand on her bare thigh and the sheer size of his hand was enough to make nico rethink her decision of coming to a denny's.

there was something so captivating about this guy and nico wanted to get more. she needed to get more. 

by the end of the night, the sun was peeking its way through the restaurant windows, and between unspoken words and secret glances, nico and isaac were about to ignite something greater than they were aware of.