eight.

"BITCH HEAR ME OUT! it's not like i meant to, okay?" nico let out a sigh, "i guess- i just panicked."
half her body was on the floor, the other half on the bed.

"so because you panicked..? you haven't seen him in a week?" katie's voice was laced with confusion and a hint of humor beneath it. "nico, you can't just be intimate with the guy and then just ghost him."

nico's eyes darted around her ceiling detailing, her heart pounding in her chest as the city lights illuminated her dark room. she had spent the last week crying and wondering why having a crush was so difficult. yeah, she wanted to be with isaac in every sense but the other half of her wouldn't let her have a moment for herself before ruining it.

"yes, i know. but- you know how i am," she brought her hand up to her face, examining the set of nails she had just gotten that day to distract herself of the infestation in her brain.

"babe, that isn't an excuse and you know it," nico could hear the tv in the background coming from katie's end. "i highly doubt that he'll hate you if you just explain to him what's going on in your head."

she winced and let her hand drop to her stomach as she gently tapped her fingers, playing with the hem of her tank top. "i don't think that would end very well..." she trailed off, biting her bottom lip.

she heard the tv get quieter and a sigh from katie before she spoke, "we both know that meaningful connections only occur through vulnerability."

nico closed her eyes and felt a knot edging at her throat, her voice was hoarse and broken as she acknowledged what katie had said, "i know."

katie let out a lighthearted chuckle, "listen, you'll figure it out tonight. keep what i said in mind," nico could hear the door opening on katie's end and a small familiar hello, "i gotta go but- keep me updated. i love you, nico."

nico sighed and brought her legs down from the bed, fully laying on the floor before sitting up. "thank you, i love you too, kat." the call hung up and silence enveloped her.

she clicked the messages app, heading straight for one contact.

hey
delivered

nico sighed, letting her phone fall onto the rug on the floor and instead got up to turn on her pc. she pulled back her cinnamoroll themed gaming chair and plopped down, sitting down criss-cross-apple-sauced as she slipped on her headphones.

it was already nearly one in the morning so she didn't expect for him to reply right away. but as her twitch loaded, she glanced at her phone every few seconds, ironically feeling disappointed when she didn't see a notification as if it would secretly deliver and not make a small ding.

she clicked on a random stream to watch and sat there for a few minutes before she heard her doorbell ring. she looked at the time and considered staying in her room, pretending to be asleep. but she decided against it and got up, slipping on her fluffy slippers before racing down the stairs.