seven.

HER LIMBS WERE BEGGING for a rest as she finished up moving the last few boxes from the back of the truck onto the porch. katie and nick had gone on a road trip to a con two hours away and the only ones still in town were yumi and isaac, but since it was podcast day, nico had to wait about another hour till they were both free.

so instead of laying around doing nothing, she took matters into her own hands, moving the endless amount of cardboards filled with her own belongings from the back of the rundown u-haul truck and into the brand new house she'd gotten. she was still trying to figure out what'd she do with so much space to herself. maybe she'd dedicate the first floor to guests and parties.

she sat down on the porch steps and let out a sigh, hearing the engine of a car down the street. she didn't even bother to look up to know who it was just from the music as it pulled up in front of her house.

getting up, she walked over to the car and leaned on the driver's window sill, muttering a small hello to isaac before diverting her attention to yumi, stifling back a laugh at the sight of yumi dressed in an 'I heart isaacwhy' shirt.

"I love your shirt, blakey wakey." she giggled and stepped back, letting isaac get out the car. yumi rolled his eyes as he closed the door, rounding the car and shoving her shoulder. "if you want it just say that, ms. nicole," his voice dripped with tease.

she slapped his hand away jokingly and made her way towards the door of the house, a little pip in her step. "I already moved all the boxes, I just need help moving the furniture if you men will be oh-so generous," she glanced back at them as she pushed the door open.

"welcome to my humble abode." she stepped aside and let them wander around, holding small talk as they asked about future plans for her place.

sat down on the floor, eating lunch, nico was thankful they had already moved in all the furniture and unpacked most of the boxes

sat down on the floor, eating lunch, nico was thankful they had already moved in all the furniture and unpacked most of the boxes. the only ones left were filled with her personal belongings.

shoving the forkful of noodles in her mouth, she stared hard at isaac, wondering if they were ever going to talk about what had happened between them. it had been 2 weeks at that point and they were both acting as if it had been a strange dream, barely ever addressing each other.

she felt herself going insane the more time she spent around him.

"earth to nico, helloooo," she heard yumi's voice and gave him a toothless smile, rolling her eyes. "what motherfucker, i'm eating."

she shoved more noodles in her mouth to prove a point as yumi continued to speak, isaac just observing as he reluctantly chewed on his own food. "I asked if you wanted to sleep over tonight. since you know, your bedroom isn't set up."

pausing her chewing, she made eye contact with isaac, her cheeks burning up in an instant as she swallowed hard and cleared her throat to act as if it hadn't affected her. breaking the contact and looking at yumi, she mumbled, "I mean, yeah sure. I wouldn't mind."