five.

COMPOSING HIMSELF WAS HARDER than he thought it would be when he was tipsy. the way nico looked propped on his lap and staring down at him with those sweet eyes...fuck.

he ran his left hand over her thigh and softly pressed his lips against the corner of her mouth. "katie and nick should be here soon, right?" he gently squeezed her thigh as she snuggled her head into the crook of his neck.

"I mean yeah...but that doesn't matter right now, isaac," nico was beet red. she couldn't believe she let the desire take over her like that. all sense of self control had gone out the window when isaac looked at them like they held the world. "c'mon doll, we both know that if they walked in you'd die of embarrassment," isaac's right hand lingered on her lower back, fingers rubbing small circles onto it.

nicole bit her bottom lip, holding back a whine. "shut up isaac you aren't helping." he laughed and brought his hand up from their thigh to the back of their head, gently tugging on her hair to make them look up at him. "tell me to shut up again and see what happens."

"hmph," they stuck out their tongue mockingly and slowly slipped away from his embrace entirely, laying on her side with her head on his lap. "I can't believe katie flaked on me like that..."

a laugh bubbled from isaac's stomach as he wrapped his arm around nico, petting her head, "I bet you twenty bucks they set us up."

"oh no, definitely," at this point, nico's eyes seemed to get heavier at each passing second and it was getting harder to concentrate at isaac's words as he started talking about the many times nick had ditched their group plans to hang out with katie.

"nico...?" isaac bent his head and stared down at nico. "doll, wake up." he gently caressed their cheek and sat them up, but it proved to be pointless as she was completely passed out now.

"pfff," he held back a laugh as he got up to pick her up, wrapping her legs around his waist and hoisting them up, gently holding their head into his shoulder.

trying his best to not rouse nicole, isaac took the slowest steps out the conversation pit, over the small ledge and up the stairs to nico's room. he wasn't really surprised about the amount of color that popped out from the area, he was pleasantly satisfied with how well put together everything was. his personal favorite was the giant cat rug that had balls but he would never admit anything about that to nico.

with one hand, he managed to pull back the white comforter and organize the pillows in a way that wouldn't strain nico's neck before setting them down comfortably and tucking them in.

he sat down and softly brushed the hair out of her face, "how are you so..." he huffed out and kissed their forehead before walking back downstairs and cleaning up the mess they had made. he put back the wine glasses, the plates they had used and cleaned up the table before plopping down on the couch.

it wasn't long, maybe half an hour, before isaac heard a sharp knock on the door. and like a dickhead, he took his sweet time to walk to the door and open it.

"well well," isaac checked his imaginary wrist watch, "if isn't nick and katie!!! two hours fucking LATE!?!?" he stared at them with a fake exasperated face.

"it's because I forgot my... uhm...keys!" katie gave a fake smile as she nodded, but isaac could tell by the messy hair and clothes...and makeup.... that that wasn't the case.

"yeah and i'm missing my pinky toe," he said as he stepped aside and let both of them in, rolling his eyes as he closed the door.

once they were all settled in at the dining table and the two guests were eating, isaac got to yapping.

"yeah so me and nico were literally sitting and waiting for you guys sooo long, like we were starving and everything. we waited so long she even fell asleep," katie side-eyed nick and held back a snort, stuffing more food in her mouth.

"okay isaac," nick paused to swallow his food, "we get it. but you should be thankful! we gave you an excuse- didn't we?" he gave isaac a devious smile and kept eating.

isaac kept quiet. fingers tapping on the table as heat came up to his cheeks. if only nick knew...

it was now almost 9:30 and the three of them were watching south park on the couch

it was now almost 9:30 and the three of them were watching south park on the couch. it wasn't really something they'd always watch due to it's nature but isaac could admit to himself that it was funny as fuck. he kept glancing up towards nico's "room" since it was a loft apartment, he didn't want to wake her up.

he heard from katie that nico was supposed to move out that weekend because her lease was about to end and she'd been able to find a house. Isaac had wanted to ask more but he didn't want to intrude so he saved his questions for nico later on.

he bounced his knee up and down as nick and katie giggled at the tv and picked up his phone instead. the remaining group chat members were spamming on discord about some stupid bit they had going on. and he couldn't help but go along with it for a few minutes but he got bored quickly and got up to get water instead.

before he could even take a step, nick spoke up, "hey man, i think we're heading out now, you seem tired and nico's dead asleep." isaac watched nick get up and dapped him up, "alright, you let me know when you get home." he gave katie a polite smile and led them to the door. and as much as isaac really liked being with them, he was very thirsty at that moment.

"spend the night, nico wouldn't mind," katie pat isaac's shoulder, gave him a smile and closed the front door behind her. isaac stared blankly. he blinked. before he could crumble, he covered his face and let out a loud noise that bubbled within his gut. already forgetting how thirsty he was, he locked the door and made his way back to the conversation pit to turn off the tv and then to the dining table to make sure that his keys and wallet were there.

isaac then pulled out a chair and sat down, contemplating whether or not he should actually stay the night. would that make nico uncomfortable? would he push boundaries by doing that? he knew katie said they wouldn't mind and even if she was nico's best friend — how could she really be sure?