CHAPTER THIRTY TWO: DUBAI

I looked at him and whispered in a hoarse voice.

"Of course the phone doesn't work, how could it..."

I wanted him to kiss me. At that moment, I really wished he would. Probably already in the jacuzzi I wanted it, only then I focused too much on Tom to think about what I want and who I want.

Was it even possible for me to change? I knew I still loved Tom. Then how did I feel about Cosmo? Desire or attachment? I really couldn't bear the thought of him leaving me here and going to those laughing women.

And yet... That's what he did. He left the room and joined them.

I slid down the wall, hiding my face in my hands. I paid for this kidnapping with mental health. My life was falling on my head because of Cosmo, and he treated me like a toy. At some point I started crying. Somehow I fell asleep.

When I got up in the morning, luckily, there were no women. Cosmo wasn't in the apartment either, so I was surprised I didn't wake up when they had to pass me to get to the door.

I was debating whether to go outside and explore, just as he came back.

He had an excellent sense of humor. There was no trace of his bad mood from last night. But why wouldn't he be happy? After all, a threesome was every guy's dream, and it just came true. I blushed as I thought about what they might have been up to last night, but luckily he didn't notice.

"You're here," he said, surprised to see me.

"I am," I repeated, but lest he should make any illusions, I added: "We have an agreement, I'll keep my word. I hope that in two and a half weeks you will also keep yours. I need documents, ticket, money..."

"You'll get everything," he promised, winking at me.

"So... what's the plan?" I asked, shrugging.

Cosmo ruffled his hair with his hand, smiling at me.

"I bought us plane tickets to Dubai."

I opened my mouth, then immediately closed it. I had always wanted to visit the United Arab Emirates and see if people really treat tigers like cats there, and if the splendor is so great that I had seen many times in the pictures.

"Okay," I agreed, and Cosmo's eyes widened.

"No whining? Are you okay? Should I get you some medicine?"

I shrugged again and went to pack my personal belongings. My clothes will be just right - in Arab countries, women can't show their body too much.

I preferred not to think what would happen if Cosmo was caught by the police at the airport. The most I could say is that I left with him voluntarily, as far as I'm concerned, I hadn't done anything illegal. I'm an adult after all. However, Tom will find out about my testimony... No... I can't lie and risk my life with Tom over Cosmo's stupid idea. It's about forcing someone to leave against their will. Plus, I can't forget how he treated me in the beginning and how he drugged me. No, I will definitely charge him with kidnapping. But am I still kidnapped or maybe not anymore...?

The flight to Dubai, contrary to my darkest visions, was impeccable. It is true that Cosmo had our forged passports, so the lady who checked the documents couldn't confirm my real identity, but I tried to be as sad as I could. After all, the cameras at the airport are probably kept for more than three weeks. I must have looked miserable if anyone found them.

We didn't talk much on the plane. Cosmo only told me that he decided to give me more slack, just as if in an Arab country I wanted to move away from him anywhere...

I fell asleep with my head pressed against the window. When I woke up two hours later we were already landing. It was dark so I couldn't see much.

Cosmo rented a car. It was small, black. I didn't know what brand it was, but I'd never seen one like it in Europe. We drove to Dubai for about an hour on the wide lanes. In fact, I'd never seen so many. One way, driving on the main highway, I counted up to eight lanes, not counting the turning lanes. It made a great impression on me, and also new, tall buildings, including the Burj Khalifa - the largest building in the world, which we drove past to reach our hotel. What I saw before this imposing building was the world -famous Burj al Arab, a seven-star hotel in the shape of a sail, unfortunately I only saw it from a distance.

In the hotel Cosmo rented for us one huge apartment, but with two separate rooms. It was the most wonderful facility I'd ever been to.

The next morning we went for breakfast and then for a half hour walk around the hotel. To get to the other side of the street, you had to use the air-conditioned footbridge over the street. Above it, it was already terribly hot. Heat from the sky, despite the early hour ten thirty, was almost unbearable.

Cosmo and I bought hats. I think it was our best investment from traveling in the United Arab Emirates.