|Part One|-|11|

THE RITES OF GIFT was enjoyable for Styx

THE RITES OF GIFT was enjoyable for Styx. It was one of the first rites. The first was the letter of courtship to the father to be given the right to court their daughter, then once approved, a gift of value was given starting a three month period of gifts to prove that they could provide for the line as they casually got to know each other.

Nothing physical could happen between the duo or trio as it turns out aside from holding hands and hugs. The first kiss happened entering the second rite.

Styx had just ended a thirty-hour shift and was running on no sleep. She was ready to go home and get some more work done. The orbs were extensive and many, filled with gifts of thanks for giving them safe storage for their things for whatever was to come.

Styx signed getting the 911 just as she was about to get into her car. She got back inside, taking a large gulp of her thermos for extra energy, and placing her things back into her locker.

Styx pulled on a trama gown and jumping right into the chaos. Styx grabbed a child and got to work checking her over and stitching her up, sending her for tests and moving on.

The other interns arrived with Bailey all dolled up. Styx gave the woman a nod and before getting back to work.

Styx was paged as she sent another off. She walked in to see Montgomery-Shepard and frowned seeing the contracting woman. "I was paged." Styx said and the two looked at her.

"I'm Dr. Montgomery-Shepard. We've never been the introduced, but I've heard your the best in the Pit and have helped deliver quite a few times. Your assisting me." She said causing Styx to frown and move forward to check on the woman.

"Let's be clear. I take orders from no one. Now, what do you need?" Styx asked the woman who smiled.

"I need a lawyer for a will. The baby doesn't have a father." The woman said and Styx nodded pulling out her phone and dialing Vallen.

"Vallen of Nox. Get to the hospital to record a will within fifteen and I'll throw in an orb." Styx said quickly and heard a few quick movements.

"I'll be there. Where?" He asked and Styx sighed in relief.

"I text you the room rumber." Styx told him hanging up and doing just that. She ignored the shocked look and offered a smile to the woman. "That was my family lawyer Vallen Nox. He'll record your will."

The woman relaxed. "Thank you so much. I never got your name." The woman said and Styx nodded.

"Dr. Styx Evermoor. Now, you don't need me so I am going to get back to the trama." Styx said before turning and walking out thowing a smile back to the woman. Styx headed to help where she could.