Chapter Five

Olivia's Pov
My first experience working with vampires wasn't totally a bust, I enjoyed my first full week of getting to know Eric and Pam. He had his secret duties that not many of the employees noticed, seeing as I was always by his throne in my own little world. I learned about his sheriff duties, how he had many many responsibilities with the vampires in this area and all around Fangtasia.

My new favorite person became Pam, she was so sarcastic in her own little world. Her happy face was also her resting bitch face. Learning that Eric was her maker made it all the while more curious about their world.

"Well I can't lie and say I'm glad you are enjoying your work, has he made you drink his blood yet?" I snorted my lips over the edge of the beer bottle shaking my head a couple times rolling around in the bar stool.

"No he has not, he's kinda funny and sweet actually Tara. He pays me like a shit ton just to dance." She made a small face, shaking with laughter in amusement she propped herself over the counter top staring at me even more.

"A part of me is glad you are enjoying yourself.. After some thinking Eric isn't as bad as Bill per say." Sam walked passed Tara moving to answer the phone with a quick motion, looking between us in his own amusement.

"Also what is it about you know drinking their blood?" I was confused by the ordeal, Tara slightly tossing the towel over her shoulder while she spoke, humming under her breath.

"So let's say for example you let Eric drink from you, and you drink from him. Y'all will end up connected some how he can feel your emotions good or bad." Tara paused for a moment for when Lafayette moved passed from where I was sitting wiggling his eyebrows.

"Don't leave out to our dear old cousin the erotic dreams." I was finished with my beer in a matter of full seconds holding my chin in my own tame thoughts, shaking with laughter.

"Why am I so not surprised by you guys like at all." Tara was rolling her eyes with her own little giggles before I focused on the woman of the hour. I felt like I had rarely seen Sookie since moving here.

"Am I hearing right? You are seeing Eric Northman, Olivia?" I was quick to shake my head no at the blonde with a smile, propping myself back into the stool.

"What? No no I just work for him that's all, Lafayette and Tara are just complaining about me getting sucked in to the nice world." A smile formed on Sookie's face for a moment, she held the round tray close to her. I knew that look she was gonna go picking through my mind. I smiled at her some more before clearing my throat.

"As much as hanging around you lot all day would clear my boredom I'm gonna head home. See ya Sam, Sookie." I giggled when she reached around to hug me squeezing at my upper body some in her grip.

"Just be safe safe ya here?" I nodded in her direction once we pulled away from one another.

__________________________________
Bon Temps heat was something I still had to grow adjusted too. It was so hot that every day you could wear shorts, a dress and or skirt and no one would bat an eyelash in your direction. I waved my hand a couple times in front of my face grabbing my set of house keys I messed around with the keys before a startled yelp left me almost dropping them in the process.

The sun had to have just set. Listening to the husky laughter seeing his tall form leaning near the screen door of my front door.

"Jesus Eric! Were you following me? Your lucky I'm not too paranoid with a gun." I muttered scooping up the keys that now had slipped from my fingers.  Shoving the key into the hole roughly unlocking the door glancing up to look into his amused eyes.

"I was just making sure my favorite little human made it home safe. I must say your figure in a dress is a sight to see." I rolled my eyes playfully at him, before tossing the keys into the little glass bowl folding my arms, he propped himself up more casually in my direction.

"You know as my boss, I would guess you were flirting with me Eric." He cracked a casual grin on my direction moving his hand to grab what I assumed was a leaf in my hair tossing it away.

"You do know you intrigue me right? Pam has taken a liking to you, so if anything was to happen to you under my care, I would feel reliable." I rolled my own eyes on amusement before watching him nod towards the entrance of my house.

"Are you gonna invite me in?" It was my turn to stare at Eric in confusion, spinning around even more.

"What- what do you mean invite you in? Can't you just like walk in." I gestured with my fingers. It caused for him to let out a loud sudden laugh, rubbing his fingers under his chin.

"A vampire can't enter another human's house without an invitation, so even if I wanted to ravish that body I would need permission." I shook with my own laughter standing up a little further on my feet I leaned in a little close his eyes flickering across my face.

"Eric as much as your presence is comforting, you aren't coming into my house yet." I shook with laughter resuming my position I tapped at his chin a couple times with a chuckle.

"Goodnight Eric."