4. Jimmy on his Shakespeare arc

(1st Person PoV: Jimmy's)

(Whoa! Point of View change!)

I got discarded from the hospital a day later but Norman's offer was still fresh in my mind.

What to do about it?

"Jimmy! I heard that you were hospitalized but you're doing ok right?" Gem asked, concerned.

"Huh? Oh y-yeah...I'm fine. No need to worry," I assured her.

Gem didn't seem to believe me but she didn't push.

School went almost as normal...until I reached my third period class.

"Katherine Elizabeth?" The teacher was taking attendance.

No response.

"Ok...not here," The teacher wrote something down.

Some people began to whisper among themselves. Katherine has one of the best attendance records of anyone in the class and she rarely gets sick!

That's bound to raise some eyebrows and I looked at my desk with guilt.

Something tells me that I shouldn't say anything about what I saw. I didn't want to worry anyone and I doubt anyone would believe me.

Class went by like a blur and next class came.

"Joey Graceffa?" The teacher asked. No response.

"Not here," they wrote something down.

I continued to stare at my desk, not meeting anyone's eyes.

"Jimmy, you good?" Joel, who sat next to me, asked with worry.

"Y-yeah," I nodded.

"Are you sure?" Joel asked.

I just nodded.

Joel didn't seem to believe me but before he could say anything, the teacher tapped their ruler on their desk to get our attention.

"Today we are learning about-," they started but I spaced out.

Not listening to the teacher which is a thing that I rarely do.

Class ended.

My next class had the same thing happened. Only then, I have all three of the missing students in my class. My missing friends...

Suddenly my desk felt tiny and cramped. I kept squirming around it, gaining tunnel vision and how the voices of my classmates and teacher were drowned out.

I felt cold and my throat began to hurt.

What's wrong with me?

"Jimmy Solidarity? Jimmy Solidarity!" I snapped out of it because the teacher's loud voice.

Everyone was staring at me and I gulped.

"Y-yeah?" I asked.

"Are you feeling alright? Do you need to go to the nurse's office?" The teacher asked but I shook my head.

"I think...I think I just need to use the restroom," I muttered.

"Ok...," the teacher said and I got up from my desk and went to the bathroom, everyone's eyes were on me.

I arrived there and splashed some water on my face.

What was that? What's wrong with me? I never reacted like that before!