Only For A While

"What's your favorite color?" I asked as we neared my house.

"Black." He shrugged, glancing at me. "You?"

"Red," I said shyly, looking off to the side. Me and Tim had been asking each other simple questions ever since we left the tracks. He was pretty open about most of the stuff I asked, but he always asked me a question in return. I didn't mind though, I still needed something to distract myself from what had happened.

As we stopped outside my window, Tim tucked a strand of black hair behind my ear. He looked at me for a long moment, and I looked at him. His dark eyes shimmered in the moonlight like stars, making my breath catch in my throat. I couldn't help but admire him. I thought back to what Bre said, scars were kinda cute on a guy. I hated to admit it though.

Suddenly Tim stepped forward, his fingertips brushing against my hands, as I took them out of his jacket pockets. His touch made me shiver, but I also craved more of it. I was tired, practically falling asleep standing up, but I wanted him to stay longer. I didn't want to be alone, not after what happened.

"Tim-?" I started to say.

"I'll stay." He said, reading my mind. "But only for a while."

I couldn't argue with that, and I didn't as we crawled through the window and into my room. I was so tired, that after slipping off my flats and tossing Tim's jacket on my desk, I just collapsed in bed.

Tim smiled grimly, sitting on the edge of my bed as he pulled the comforters to my shoulders. I looked up at him through tired eyes, grabbing his wrist and forcing him to lie down beside me. He sighed softly, reluctantly putting his arms around me as I tossed the covers over him. After a second, my arm hooked around him, pulling our bodies closer.

Tim started brushing his fingers through my hair, gingerly working out every knot and snarl. "Connie." He said quietly.

I hummed, resting my head on his chest. When he didn't speak, I looked up at him. Tim had a solemn look on his face, but his eyes were soft. It was a nice change from his regular smoldering ones.

"What are we doing?" He whispered.

"Resting," I mumbled before closing my eyes.

Our bodies melted together, the warmth making me sleepier by the second. Tim's hands had come to rest on my hip and in my hair. And pretty soon, my consciousness faded into the darkness.

- - -

My eyes fluttered up, adjusting to the dark light in my room. I glanced at the clock on my bedside table. It had only been a few hours since we got back, but it felt like I had been asleep for days.

I looked up, suddenly realizing I was still in Tim's strong arms. He looked down at me, brushing my hair behind my ears. "Go back to sleep." He whispered so that only I could hear. His voice was soft but gruff at the same time.

I looked at him, slightly confused, I thought he would have left by now. But there was a part of me that was glad he stayed into the early morning hours.

"I'm not tired," I whispered back, my head dropping back on his chest. He chuckled lightly, tilting my chin so I would look at him before his hand moved down to my hip, making me shudder.

"I think you are," He said quietly. "Because you would never let me do this," Tim pressed a kiss to my lips, his fingers running up my side and across my ribs, making me shiver again.

Although his touch made me cringe, I still wanted more of it. I needed more of it. My fingers wove themselves into his greasy hair, pulling his lips closer to mine.