Happy Birthday

Warm. That's all I felt. The blankets over me were warm, the bed was warm, and Tim's body against mine was warm. However, I was colder than a block of ice. Not for any particular reason, I just was. God, I envied Tim's talent for not getting cold.

"Your hands are freezing," The boy beside me whispered as his hand touched mine.

"I'm cold," I mumbled into the blankets.

Tim smirked, his fingers intertwining with mine. He pulled me closer to him so that my back was pressed against his chest and his arm was tightly wrapped around my waist. "I think you're getting sick, my little soc." He joked.

I rolled my eyes at the nickname as he began to play with my hair. "I would rather be sick than go to this stupid party," I mumbled.

"Speaking of parties," He started to say. "There's one at Buck's tomorrow night if you wanna go to that-" Tim stopped talking as I tilted my head to look at him.

"I would love to," I said. He smiled a little, flipping my body over so I was facing him. Gently, he brushed my hair behind my ear before kissing my forehead.

"What was that for?" I asked.

He shrugged. "What? I can't kiss my girlfriend?"

I couldn't help but smile as my body melted into his. "You can, but give me a real kiss."

He smirked, lifting my chin with his fingertips before his thumb brushed over my lips. He smirked before kissing me.

- - -

Mom and Megan were running around the house like chickens with their heads cut off. They were shouting things I couldn't understand and it wasn't just them. James and Paul had joined in at some point, and even Linda was yelling because she couldn't focus on doing my makeup with all the ruckus they were creating.

"Try to get your dress on, darling." She said with a smile.

I nodded, watching her leave and unintentionally slam the door behind her. I sighed, glancing at Linda's work in the mirror. I loved her definition of "natural" because it was only a little bit of concealer, some blush, and clear lip gloss. My eyelashes were already pretty long, so there was no need for mascara and eyeshadow just made my eyes itch. She also put my hair in a sleek, high ponytail.

I sighed again, standing up and grabbing my dress off my bathroom door. It was a long blush pink dress that fell to the floor. Tight around the waist, in the hips, and the bust, with a v-neck. I think mom was trying to show off my chest, which is funny because I don't have one. And the back was wide open.

It was a nice, simple dress, really, but I hated it. It reminded me of what a typical soc was. It was the picture of everything I resented. Wealth, money, and power, a rich girl who didn't care for anything but herself and money. It showed someone snobbish and prudish. Not someone unhappy with the social division of socs and greasers. Not someone who wanted change. I guess, it kind of reminded me of my mother and sister. Their values, not my own.

The dress was indeed, tight, and nearly impossible to get into. I'm convinced it was two sizes too small, but I would never know because mom ripped off all the tags and threw them away. I didn't mind though, for me, the party would only last about an hour, then I would ditch and meet up with Tim by the tracks as planned.

"We leave in five minutes!" Linda called as she knocked on my door. "Are you ready- Oh my God!" She cut herself off mid-sentence as I opened my bedroom door. Her black eyes went big, and her mouth dropped open. "Connie!" She gasped. "Oh, you're beautiful!"

The Stars In Your Eyes ✩ Tim ShepardOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara