The Morning After

I groaned, rolling over or at least trying to. Tim Shepard held me firmly against his naked chest, showing no signs in his unconscious state that he intended to let me go.

I sighed, squeezing my eyes shut as I recalled the memories of the night before. My party, Megan and Paul engaged and pregnant, Ricky Kallan, Buck's, pool, and-

Shit, shit, shit. I squirmed in Tim's arms, but he just pulled me closer so that my head was laying on his chest. Both of his arms are wrapped around my naked torso, one hand resting on my hip and the other on the small of my back. The featherweight covers barely covered our nude bodies.

Fuck...

The memories of the night before flickered through my brain like a slideshow: Tim and I, torn clothes, condoms, and sex. In this bed. Above an old bar owned by someone he knew. My first time and it was with a gang leader.

My innocence lost to the boy with smoldering eyes and a scarred face. My dignity taken by the man who now lies next to me, holding me in his ripped arms. And the worse part; I simply let him have it all. I gave it all way and for what? A night of lust.

What would my mother say?

Carefully, I slipped out of Tim's arms, fearful to wake him. The second I was out of bed- away from him -my exposed skin turned fridge. My sore body ached as I glanced down at my completely naked figure, shaking my head at my stupidity.

Good God, I slept with him! Shit, I had really done it. I blushed at the memory of him inside me.

Bre was gonna have a cow, I thought as I searched the room for my missing clothes. I rushed to pull on my underwear and quickly zipped up my jeans only to freak out at the state of my shirt.

A vivid memory of Tim tearing the garment off my body clouded my vision before I swiftly pushed it away. My eyes scanned the room, landing on a small dresser off to the side.

I practically ran to it, digging through the contents and coming up with a plain black shirt that was at least three sizes too big for my small frame. I was swimming in it, but I could care less. Slipping on my shoes, I took one last look at Tim before I was out the door.

I sped down the corridor, pulling my hair into a low ponytail. Another hazy memory recalled back to me of Tim taking down my hair after we were finished so that he could brush his fingers through it. I shook my head, instead focusing on getting out of the place.

Downstairs was quiet, and the bar darkened. Everything was different compared to the night before. I sighed in relief as I found the door, however, my solace quickly faded as Buck's familiar voice drifted across the empty room.

"Going somewhere?"

I jumped, turning to face him as heat spread from my core. The man stood behind the bar, cleaning glasses with a rag.

"No! I-... I mean-, I-," I stuttered.

Buck cut me off with a small chuckle. "Usually Shepard's the one to dip out on his dates." He said. "Surprised it's the other way around this time. That's a first."

"Oh," I looked down, fiddling with my fingers. Guilty pooled in my chest.

"Is that my shirt?" Buck continued, his eyes narrowing at the clothes I wore. I blushed but before I could respond, he continued with a slight laugh. "You two horndogs must have been at it last night. Well, get on outta here before Shepard wakes up. I reckon he won't be the happiest to find out his girl ran out on him."

I nod, turning to the door but stop as I glance over my shoulder. "You won't-," I start, nibbling on my lip. "You won't tell him, will you?"

Buck shakes his head, picking up another glass. "I never saw you."

I manage a sad smile before I dip out the door and into the chilly spring morning. My heart aches and my gut is filled with guilt.

I bet Tim would think me to be one of those broads who just wanted to use him for sex. But that wasn't me at all. Over the few weeks, I had gotten to know Tim Shepard, I realized he had more depth than people gave him credit for.

I wanted everything that happened last night. I really did. And I was wrong to run out– was I really the first girl to run out on him before he woke? I mean, I'm not surprised Tim dipped out before the girl's he slept with woke, but there was no way I was the first to run out on him... Right?

I gulped as I walked. Either way, I couldn't help but feel terrible for my actions. I didn't know how I would face Tim again or if I ever would.

Tim~

When I wake up, I turn to my side, extending my arm across the mattress only to find it cold. Instantly, I jolt up in bed, surveying the empty room.

The first thing I notice is the lack of clothing scattered across the floor– I only recognize the torn red shirt I ripped off her body last night.

"Connie?" Her name leaves my mouth before I can stop myself. I get out of bed, swiftly scooping up my blue jeans.

I exit the room, still buttoning up my pants as I stride down the hall to the stairs. Only I stop as my feet hit the bottom step. I hold my shirt lamely, listening in on Buck and Connie's conversation even though I can't see either of them.

"You two horndogs must have been at it last night." Buck was saying. I could picture him with that dumb smirk on his face. "Well, get on outta here before Shepard wakes up. I reckon he won't be the happiest to find out his girl ran out on him."

"You won't-," Connie says with a start, judging by her tone, she's nervous. "You won't tell him, will you?"

"I never saw you." He replies, giving the girl his word.

A moment of silence follows and soon the door softly shuts. I lean back against the stairwell wall, not believing what I just heard.