Prove It

"See you're feeling better," I said, leaning against Tim's car. I faced away from him so that I didn't have to look at his shirtless figure.

"Don't you have a talent for sneaking up on people?" He joked.

"Sorry." I quickly apologized. "I just thought-"

"Thought maybe you could help me out with my blue jeans?" He cut me off. I could feel my cheeks heat up as he came striding over, adjusting his belt before leaning against the car beside me.

"You know, you have an incredible talent for making people feel very uncomfortable," I said, trying to look at his face and not his abs.

"Is that a fact?" Tim questioned. I hummed, looking out at the lot so I could avoid his burning gaze.

"Did ya see the show?" He changed the subject, beginning to lightly draw circles on my upper arm. I noticed his frown when his fingers lingered over the healing cut on my left arm.

"Ya, I did. You didn't have to beat him so bad," I said, trying to ignore his touch.

"Shoot, he was the one that wanted to fight." He said casually with a small chuckle in his tone. "Plus, it was fair."

I couldn't argue with that. I might not have liked it but Tim was right, it was a fair fight. And a scary one. "I guess," I said, shrugging my shoulders. I glanced back at Tim as I felt his eyes drilling into me.

He was silent for a moment, looking me over from head to foot. He could really make people feel uncomfortable when he wanted to. Finally, he smirked, tilting his head to the side as his eyes wandered over my exposed skin.

What was he planning?

"Better watch that pretty little dress of yours. Might get it all dirty."

I glanced down at what I was wearing, a little yellow dress with a white collar and my usual white flats. Typical soc girl. In truth, I didn't feel like myself wearing it, I just felt out of place.

"Never did like dresses," I mumbled, crossing my arms as I looked down.

Tim chuckled, finally sliding a muscle top over his head. "If you don't like it, then maybe we can smudge it up a little more, you and me." He said, a flirtatious note in his tone as his fingers danced across my lower abdomen.

My breath hitched in my throat and I could feel my face start to burn as he leaned down, tucking flyway strands of hair behind my ear. "What do you say we skip on back to your place? Have some fun." He whispered, his breath tickling my ear.

I glanced across the lot to where Bre stood between Gage and Oliver. She was holding onto a giant clown stuffed animal and Gage had his arm around her shoulders, and she was finding it hard to contain a blush.

My friend looked pretty occupied. I shook my head, clearing my thoughts. Quickly, I looked back at the boy, whose hand had come to rest on my hip. He smirked and he had this look on his face that said he knew what I was thinking.

"I don't think Breanna would like me ditching her," I managed to say, though I was quite distracted by where his hand was.

"I think she ditched you first," Tim chuckled, glancing at my friend. "Don't worry, Gage's a real charmer. Oliver just goes along with it, him being his twin and all."

He looked down at me for a long moment, expecting me to say something though I couldn't even meet his eye. "Connie, look at me." He said firmly. When I still didn't meet his gaze he sighed, gently holding onto my upper arms.
"Why won't you look at me? Are you scared of me or somethin'?"

"No." I managed to mumble. My face felt like it was on fire, and I was beginning to wonder if coming over here was the best option.

"You're a terrible liar. You know that, right?" He said quietly.

"I'm not afraid of you," I said defensively, crossing my arms to force him to let go of me.

"Then prove it."

"What?" Finally, I looked up at him. His eyes weren't cold or soft, more like somewhere in between. His voice was softer too, at least from the time when the conversation had begun.

Tim put his hands on my hips, pulling me closer to his chest with a smirk.

"Prove it." He repeated. My eyes drifted up to his as he leaned in, the space between us closing. My heart slammed against my chest and suddenly I couldn't feel my legs. I couldn't feel anything besides his arms snaking around my waist, and how small the space between us was becoming.

My head felt funny as I closed my eyes, and my body felt weak. The space between us grew smaller and smaller. I didn't know what I was expecting, maybe a sweet kiss on the lips, or for him to pull away with a smirk, but I didn't expect him to pick me up and throw me over his shoulder.

"Tim put me down!" I cried.

He just chuckled before dropping me into the passenger seat of his car. "Your wish is my command, my little soc." He smirked, hopped into the driver's seat, and put on a pair of sunglasses. "Where too, my place or yours?"

"Don't call me that," I grumbled at the nickname.

"Your place it is."

"What makes you think we can even go back to my house?" I asked as he started driving.

"You never said we couldn't." He smirked. I sighed in defeat, leaning back in my seat. The drive to my house was pretty fun actually, but Tim drove like a madman all the way there.

Once we were inside, Tim started ruffling through our record collection, taking time to look at each and every one.

"You really dig music." He commented, his eyes never leaving the records.

"Yeah, me and James used to listen and dance to them all the time," I said, remembering all the times me and James danced around the living room, listening to whatever song accentuated our moods.

"Dancing, huh?" Tim said as he pulled a record out of its case and studied it.

"Yeah..." I said shyly. Tim smiled, placing the record he was looking at on the record player. Before I knew what was happening, we were slowly swaying to the song Can't Help Falling In Love, by Elvis Presley, ironic for the moment.

Tim's right arm was around my waist and his left hand was holding mine. I couldn't help but look up into his eyes. Smoldering dark blue, sparkling in the golden rays of evening sunlight drifting through the windows. I couldn't look away, and I'm pretty sure I was blushing too.

I was thankful for all my family being gone, though I was still freaking out. What a day it had been, from being forced to go to the carnival, to being ditched by Bre, to watching Tim fight, to slow dancing in my living room.

I looked down, trying to hide my blush. But I'm sure Tim was smiling as he noticed, pulling me closer to his chest.

"Would it be a sin, if I can't help falling in love with you?" Elvis sang as we continued to slowly sway.

"Close your eyes." He said suddenly and quietly. Blankly I looked up at him, my heart beginning to race.

"Do you trust me?" He asked with a slight smile, moving both his hands to my hips.

For a long moment, I studied him, my heart moving faster than my brain. Now, I don't know what compelled me to do it, but my eyes fluttered closed. I was breathing hard, even though nothing had happened. I could feel his face inching closer to mine. And before I knew it, his lips were softly placed on my lips, a slight brush before it was gone.

I was still breathing hard, expecting more, so when nothing happened, I opened my eyes.
"Wh- why did you stop?" I felt foolish for asking, but it felt good and I wanted to feel his lips on mine again.

"Did you want me to keep going?" He asked softly, cupping my face in his large hands. I shyly nodded, my mouth not able to form words, at least not coherent ones.

Without hesitation, Tim's lips collided with mine. I had to get up on my tip-toes to kiss him properly, and even then he still had to lean down a bit. His lips were soft and they tasted like cigarettes. They moved against mine in a way that made me crave them more. The music had stopped by then, but it felt like we were the only two people in the world.