𝙎𝙚𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙤𝙤𝙣 (𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛)

George's POV

It was a hot, sunny day in London. Sweat trickled down my exhausted face as I ran.

I crossed the Millennium Bridge, hoping to find rest once my 10 kilometers was complete. I was at 9.78.

As I reached the base of the bridge facing St. Paul's Cathedral, my watch beeped. 10 kilometers.

I smiled to myself knowing I could now stop. I safely reached some grass and a bench. I stretched my legs and chugged the water bottle that had been strapped onto my upper arm.

My shirt was soaked. So was my hair. About ten minutes later, I was ready to go home. 

I grabbed out my phone and dialed his number.

It hummed for a few seconds before I heard noises on the other line.

"Wilbur! I'm ready to be picked up", I said into the phone.

"Perfect, l'm on my way", he responded.

..

I walked to the edge of the park so Wilbur could see me. As he pulled up to the curb, I walked into the passenger side.

"Thanks for the ride", I gratefully told him.

"No problem, George."

Whilst driving, I started to crave ice cream. It was a hot day—perfect for the sweet treat to melt on your hand and clothes.

Ew.

However, it sounded so good.

"Wilbur", I said, turning to face him.

"What."

"Can we please get ice cream?"

He sighed. "George you're so needy."

I stayed quiet.

After a few moments, he spoke up. "Fine."

YES! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HI— nevermind. Pfft. You think I actually want ice cream. Even Wilbur knows I'm using this as an excuse to—

Wilbur gasped so loud that it scared me. We pulled into the ice cream shop parking lot.

"Hey look it's the dude you think is REALLY HOT!", Wilbur yelled out of the car window. It was wide open too.

"Wilbur, shut the hell up! What's wrong with you?"

He just laughed in return.

I built up the courage to walk out of the car and towards the window of the shop. Wilbur was right behind me.

My heart was racing so hard that I could hear it in my ears. As soon as I saw his face, I could feel my own face turn extremely hot—and it wasn't because of the weather.

Dream, read his green name tag. 

He had been working for a while at this shop now, and I saw him every time I took my usual running route.

.

The first time I saw him was most likely his first week on the job. I knew my way around, and I knew a newbie when I saw one. I also knew my running route like the back of my hand. So, when I made a  wrong turn during my run that day, I knew for a fact it was because I had just seen the most beautiful man in my entire life. His dirty blonde hair shone in the light, and his eyes seemed as if they were going to pour crystals onto my astonished face.

The next couple of days after that were gloomy and rainy. I didn't feel like taking my extra 3 kilometers across the bridge and to the park behind the ice cream shop. Nonetheless, I thought of Dream's smile—the one that shone at me every time I ran past. In that moment, I continued. All the pain in my legs was gone, and my respiratory system just seemed to work without trouble.