𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙬𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙨 (𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛)

Dream sat on his couch at home. It was a sunny summer evening, and the sun was starting to set. This created a painting of pink and orange hues across the beautiful sky. He was blasting music into his airpods as he scrolled through twitter.

George was sitting across him, scrolling in silence without airpods.

Ever since George had come to Florida, Dream felt as if his life had been brighter. A spark inside his innermost core was starting to flame. As Dream listened to his music, the flaming spark was started to catch fire. It was near exploding.

The song playing was Heatwaves.

Dream and George always memed around with this song. No matter where it was being played, it reminded them of dnf.

Quite frankly, Dream always thought of dnf when this song played. He couldn't control himself. He believed George was beautiful. The most handsome man he'd ever seen. He hadn't told anyone of his feelings, but he loved George. He loved him more than a friend.

He wanted to always be there for George. Hug him. Cherish him. Keep him. Kiss him. Hold his hand. Tell him how special he was. Love him forever.

But this was difficult when you didn't want to ruin a friendship. It could all go wrong in a matter of seconds.

As Heatwaves played, Dream examined George's features. The sun shone on his smooth skin. His deep brown eyes romantic and rich in mystery. His brown hair was almost wavy. Dream wanted to touch it so bad. He smiled as the chorus reached, "Sometimes all I think about is you, late nights in the middle of June". 

These lyrics were so true. Dream was experiencing the story. He was part of the fan-made novel.

George had noticed him staring with a smile on his face, so he made a confused look.

"Why are you staring at me like that, idiot?"

Dream had been staring too long. "No particular reason." That was a lie. There were so many reasons for Dream staring at George like he was an angel sent from Heaven. That's because Dream swore he was.

"That's not true." Can George tell?

"How would you know?" Dream wittily replied.

"I know you." 

Dream's eyes widened. 

"You don't know one particular thing, George."

"Okay? And what's that?" George was up for the challenge. He was going to convince Dream he knew absolutely everything about him.

Heatwaves came to the slowed part (2:28). The part that made Dream's heart flutter. The part with the awaited beat drop.

"I just wish that I could give you that. That look that's perfectly un-sad."

Dream didn't speak. 

"What is it, Dream?!" George thought he was joking.

"Late nights in the middle of June. Heatwaves been faking me out."

"DREAM." George yelled.

"Heatwaves been faking me out."

The silent part of the song fell.

"I love you, George." Dream finally let out.

As the beat finally dropped, George's mouth opened to speak.

He smiled. "I love you too, Dream."

"George, you don't understand." Dream replied, his throat closing up.

"What do you mean?" George questioned.

"I love you in a different way. More than friends. More than this." Dream wanted to run away and hide forever.

George kept the same expression on his face, but his eyes lightened. 

"Who said I didn't?" He said.

Dream's heart skipped one thousand beats. He felt as if it would jump out of his chest.

"Huh?" Dream said as he stared into George's brown eyes.

"I love you more than anything, Dream. I don't know how you didn't realize yet." 

George moved closer to him on the couch. As he moved, the sun ray moved places on his face as well. When George was directly in front of Dream, a ray landed on his eye. Dream stared into it for what felt like eternity.

"You're so beautiful." Dream told George.

George's smile turned into a happy-frown. He lifted up his arms and embraced Dream. They both melted into each other.

Heatwaves ended. Dream took out his airpods.

Everything was perfect. He didn't need a song to imagine him and his best friend together. He already had him right where he wanted.