𝘼𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 (𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛)

Based on "Attention" by Charlie Puth. (I know this song is about a two-faced ex, but I wanted this oneshot to reflect the fact that certain aspects in a healthy relationship can still get hard to handle. And sometimes, the partners that fall victim to this chaos may even find pleasure within it).

George loved attention.

Dream loved giving it to him without a price to pay.

But recently, things had been different. George was in Florida, and he was getting comfortable living with Sapnap and Dream. He was getting bolder, and his personality was really starting to show.

Dream found it quite attractive, I mean, who could go wrong with a guy who was honest?

Or was he?

Dream knew George craved attention, and he hand-fed it to him. Maybe George wanted it that way. Dream felt that his growing feelings were invalid because of George's avoidance when it came to giving love.

You just want attention, you don't want my heart.

George was beyond handsome in Dream's eyes. The younger kept thinking back to those nights when they were separated by an ocean. Those nights when Dream had truly believed George was his, and no one else's.

You got me thinking 'bout when you were mine.

It was crazy how two people could be so close but so far away at the same time. 

"What's one thing you would want to have in the entire world?" This donation rang out one day on George's stream.

Dream listened intently, nervously awaiting a response.

"A plane ticket to Dream's house and a permanent room in his house", George said.

Dreams heart fluttered. Why was he crumbling at a stupid joke? He knew George could want money or a luxurious vacation, but what if that vacation was to his house, and what if that vacation's destination was a place he'd call home for the rest of his life?

Dream didn't know what to say, so he clung to the phrase that he relied on in moments like these.

"You're such an idiot", he said, laughing at George's joke. George joined in on the laughter, but silence followed soon after.

Dream imagined George anxiously biting his lip and face turning a flushed red in those few seconds. Maybe this imagination of George was really what he was doing himself.

He ran a shaking hand through his dark gold hair and quickly muted his mic. Please don't let George notice. Once muted, he deeply sighed and stared into the large glowing screen of his computer. In front of him, an angelic boy sat smiling, his loose, wavy brown hair laying on his forehead, almost touching his eyebrows. 

"Dream?" The boy exclaimed out in a confused manner. The silence had been too long. However, Dream did not respond. He didn't need to. A click of George's mouse could be heard from his stream. It was then obvious that George could clearly see Dream was muted. 

However, George knew that his companion was still there, sitting in his chair, probably playing this silly disappearance trick to entertain the viewers.

But it wasn't a trick. Was Dream trying to be funny? He wasn't. Why was this boy excessively staring at his screen without any guilt or shame? He hated the perfect way George looked and the fact that he could make Dream do absolutely anything he wanted.

"Dream!" George finally shouted out once again, and the sound of his voice yelling out this certain name was enough for the dazed Dream to snap back into reality.