Chapter Two

Scott had managed to lose Angela in the morning rush of students heading inside the school to make his way towards the administrations office.

Behind the front desk was a woman that looked around his mothers age. She looked up from her papers when the door opened and he walked in.

"How can I help you?" she asked as she stapled a stack and placed it on a growing pile of papers that was on the verge of toppling over.

"I filled out these forms and was told to bring them here after I had them signed."

"Yes, thank you." she sighed and took them from him, placing them in a folder before sliding them into a bin to be sorted out later.

When she realized he still stood there she asked, "Do you need something else?"

"My schedule."

"Oh, right." she sighed again. "I'm sorry, it's a bit crazy around here right now. I just got here and I've already got a whole bunch of paperwork to do."

"First day on the job?" he asked and glanced at her desk which was flooded with papers.

She smiled as she searched for his schedule. "I guess we're both new then. Oh, here we go." she said triumphantly as she held up his schedule which had been hiding under a very large stack of folders.

"Good luck on your first day!" she called out as he turned to leave.

"You too." he said as he left the office and headed down the hallway.