Chapter Three

His first hour was gym but since he didn't have any gym clothes to wear he sat out on the sidelines.

He watched as the class warmed up first by stretching and then jogging laps around the gymnasium.

Bored he slipped his headphones in and checked the rest of his schedule.

His next class was a free period and then math and lunch. History, science, and English followed after.

It looked like it was going to be a boring day, he thought just as a basket ball slammed into his shoulder.

He looked up to see a guy with his two friends laughing behind him jog over. He waved and called out, "Sorry about that! I was trying to hit this guy when my hand slipped." he smacked one of the guys behind the head before grabbing his ball, which had rolled after hitting Scott's shoulder. "You alright?"

In answer he picked up his bag and moved off the bleachers toward the door.

Behind him he heard one of the guys laugh and say, "Now look what you did, you pissed him off."

He heard a smack and a voice ask, "What the hell was that for?" then the sound of someone jogging to catch up.

"Hey, I really am sorry." the guy said as he reached his side.

Scott glanced at him. He was taller by at least three inches and bigger. His mop of brown hair was cut short but some of the longer strands curled around his ears. He smiled and the skin around his green eyes crinkled. He had a playful, sexy look that drew your eyes to the slight muscles in his arms and chest.

Scott pulled out one of his earphones. "I'm fine." he said and continued to walk towards the door.

He was about to reach for the door handle when his path was blocked.

"Come on, it's not nice to ignore someone who's trying to apologize. Are you sure I didn't hurt you?"

Scott sighed. This guy was really persistent. "I told you I was fine now can you let me through?"

The guy frowned. "Class isn't over yet."

"I have a free period next, I was going to go to the library."

He didn't know what he said but the guy lit up like it was Christmas and Scott had just given him a present.

"Me too, let's go together." he smiled. "The name's Jeremy." he waited and Scott sighed.

"Scott." he replied to the unasked question.

"Cool, wait here. I'll go change." he dashed off before Scott had a chance to even reply.

He waited till the guy disappeared into the locker room before turning around and leaving.