Chapter Eleven

It was only his second day back in school, well, one in a half considering he skipped most of his first day there and he was already counting the hours till he could leave.

When he walked into history class he found the first empty seat he could and sat down, mentally exhausted.

Why did school have to be so hard?

He didn't have a problem with the classes, they were okay, no the problem was all the people. He couldn't understand why someone couldn't just sit in their seat for five minutes without having to turn around and talk, loudly as well.

It wasn't that he didn't like people, he enjoyed company, but he couldn't stand the sound of everyone talking at once.

He could feel a migraine forming already and was contemplating convincing his mother to sign him up for homeschooling when the teacher walked in.

This grandpa looked ancient. It took him a full five minutes to walk to the center of the classroom, his cane going click-thump-click-thump the whole way. Wait, the clicking might actually be the sound of his bones creaking.

Once he had made it to the middle of the chalkboard he stopped, though his feet stopped moving his body kept shaking like a frightened chihuahua.

Is there an age limit on teaching because Scott was thinking this guy was late for his funeral.

Just as he was thinking this the teacher started coughing. It wasn't the gentle clearing of the throat cough, this was a hacking up a lung cough.

Scott was waiting for the old man to keel over when he recovered and began to speak.

"To-today we are...are...hmm? Where am I?"

One of the students yelled, "History!"

"What? Oh, yes. History. Back when I was younger-"

Scott had had enough, letting his head fall to the desk he put his earphones in and closed his eyes. A good half hour had gone by and he was beginning to fall asleep when something smacked him in the head.

He looked up to find the person sitting in front of him holding a stack of papers in his hand.

"Pass these back."

Scott couldn't move because sitting in front of him was the guy from the storage room.

His sapphire eyes seemed to be laughing as he pointed at Scott and said, "There's drool on your face."

Scott's hand shot to his face but found nothing, he blushed. Embarrassed to have fallen for his trick he took the papers, passing them back while avoiding his amused gaze.

Without saying anything more the guy turned back around, ignoring Scott for the rest of the hour.