Chapter Seven

Scott didn't know when he had fallen asleep, but woke up as the final bell rang to mark the end of the school day. The light falling through the curtained window was considerably darker than it was when he had fallen asleep.

His earphones had fallen off as he turned in his sleep and he was about to get up to look for them when he realized he wasn't alone.

Something heavy was wrapped around his waist and his head rested on something hard, smelling slightly of cologne. What he laid on was warm and rose softly with every breath. Breathing other than his own ruffled his hair.

When he turned his head he saw that someone else had decided to take a nap here. A guy he never met before was sleeping with one arm behind his head, the other wrapped around Scott's waist. His hair, a pale gold was tousled messily from sleep and glowed softly in the rays of the evening sunlight.

Fully awake now, Scott carefully removed the guys arm and started to get up.

Still asleep the guy yawned and turned over. His arm that was behind his head as a pillow pulled Scott back and pinned him under it. Scott's face was now snuggled really close to his face, barely inches away from each other.

Embarrassed, and realizing he wouldn't be able to get out of this without waking him he tugged on his arm and said, "Excuse me, but I'd like to get up now."

It took a moment but when the guy's eyes finally opened Scott couldn't help but stare. They were the most mesmerizing shade of sapphire. He remained transfixed until the guy blinked and rolled away.

They both sat up. Scott found his earphones and tucked them in his pocket. An awkward silence stretched between them.

Finally, the guy stood and asked, "What time is it?"

Scott dug out his phone and glanced at the screen, grateful for a distraction. "Two thirty, classes are over for the day."

The guy didn't say anything for awhile, then, "What's your name?"

Surprised by the sudden question, he answered, "Scott."

The guy nodded and repeated his name silently.

Turning, the guy looked at him and said, "Well, Scott. I wouldn't come here again if I were you."

With that he left. Scott sat there, wondering what his words meant until he slowly got up and headed out into the hallway. He was still confused on the bus ride home.

He wondered who that guy was, what his words meant, and why his heart felt tight inside his chest.